The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How many social media networks are you aware of?

fancy

affiliate
As I browsed through the internet this morning I was embarrassed to come across 15 unique social media networks some of which seemed a bizarre to me. I know most of us here have come across the very popular social networks like Facebook, twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Plus, MySpace, and Live journal. Yes........But are you aware that there are other types of networks available? And if yes can you please update me with some of them?
Anyway, just to confirm does these social networks exist…………CafeMom, Orkut, Meetup and mylife.

I have heard of Orkut before and just doing a simple web search shows the others are real getting millions of visitors a month. And you missed StumbleUpon, Ask.fm,Tagged, LiveJournal, Hi5, Friendster, and the list goes on and on. There are literally hundreds of different networks, some catering to specific regions while others cater to specific niches.

Here is a list of 40 different networks http://socialmediatoday.com/node/195917
This is great thevirtualtraveler.... Thanks a lot... you have broadened my online knowledge there..... i wasn't aware of such networks like my Yearbook, multiply, blackPlanet, skyRock, myHeritage and netlog. Some of these networks offer excellent features and i think if used well can increase ones traffic. But I am not aware of there is...does all these networks have a global essence? lets say for instance like myHeritage the information given does not explain of its estimated subscribers...Though i was impressed by multiply network..it seems great for my business... i think am going to give it a shot.

This is great thevirtualtraveler.... Thanks a lot... you have broadened my online knowledge there..... i wasn't aware of such networks like my Yearbook, multiply, blackPlanet, skyRock, myHeritage and netlog. Some of these networks offer excellent features and i think if used well can increase ones traffic. But I am not aware of there is...does all these networks have a global essence? lets say for instance like myHeritage the information given does not explain of its estimated subscribers...Though i was impressed by multiply network..it seems great for my business... i think am going to give it a shot.

I found this list by simply doing a search on Google so I am not familiar with all of these social networks myself. The truth is that each one has its purpose so some may or may not be good for getting traffic to your website.
Some are specifically targeting a certain region and are only good to join if your business targets that region while others are niche specific. Take myHeritage for example, from what I can see this social network is for people who are into genealogy who are looking to connect with their families and put together family trees. Because of this joining this social network would only be good if your business targets the genealogy niche etc.

I found this list by simply doing a search on Google so I am not familiar with all of these social networks myself. The truth is that each one has its purpose so some may or may not be good for getting traffic to your website.
Some are specifically targeting a certain region and are only good to join if your business targets that region while others are niche specific. Take myHeritage for example, from what I can see this social network is for people who are into genealogy who are looking to connect with their families and put together family trees. Because of this joining this social network would only be good if your business targets the genealogy niche etc.
Awesome!!!! I think now I get your point..its clear and responsive.... if all goes well with my experimentation I will be back to you to offer my gratitude...otherwise thanks in abundance

I have a Wordpress plugin that works great and the list of social media and other similar type sites is remarkable.

The WP plugin is Social Media Widget and lists: Google+, Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, LinkedIn, RSSS Feeds, MySpace, Orkut, Hyves, aSmallWorld, Foursquare, MeetUp, About.Me, Skyrock, Goodreads, Github, VK, Digg, Reddit, Buzz, Friendfeed, Slashdot, YouTube.

Then you have other methods of contact by other categories: Blogging, Music & Audio, Gaming, Imaging and Chatting.

Until I downloaded that plugin I had no idea. And of course there are more but this is what the plugin offers but it does include a custom feature.

Yes, there are so many social networks but only very few of them are popular. From the lists above I am also excited to check out some other networks with unique features.

I have heard of quite a few, but I am only focusing on one at a time until I master how to market it. The thing is people see so many traffic methods but fail to realize you only need to master a couple of free methods and 1 paid traffic method, to get all the traffic you will ever need.

For example there are some people who are generating 15,000 or more visitors a month to their site with forum marketing alone.

So if I were you, I would find the top 3 social sites you enjoy and learn how to mater them before moving onto something else.

I have heard of quite a few, but I am only focusing on one at a time until I master how to market it. The thing is people see so many traffic methods but fail to realize you only need to master a couple of free methods and 1 paid traffic method, to get all the traffic you will ever need.

For example there are some people who are generating 15,000 or more visitors a month to their site with forum marketing alone.

So if I were you, I would find the top 3 social sites you enjoy and learn how to mater them before moving onto something else.

15K visits to one site per month is an anomaly for most social media marketing unless you're using paid advertising. I have a friend with a drums FB page and he just hit 100K followers. This is a niche that is extremely popular. National figures will get plenty of likes because they are well known but the average Joe and Mary will need to work very hard, have some luck to acquire that much traffic from social media.

I have 14 sites with social media attached to each and they are updated daily. Plenty of pluses, likes and repins but my traffic is generated the old fashioned way - I earn it through frequent original content and good SEO practices, which includes social media but that's not at the top of the SEO list. The traffic comes mostly from the search engines - Google, Bing, Yahoo and a few others.

Facebook, Twitter, Vine and Myspace are the ones im really aware of. Ive heard of smaller social networks before but I cant even tell you there names at this point and if they are even still around.

banners
Back