The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How Long Did it Take You to Get Used to Keyword Usage?

RomanAnthonysMama

affiliate
Hey everyone! I was just wondering, how long did it take you to get used to using keywords and key terms? I had a hard time with getting used to it when I was writing and promoting articles. I never knew where to place the keywords and search terms, and I didn't know how much I should add in between them in titles and whatnot. It took awhile of trial and error in order to see what generated the most traffic, and how to use key terms most effectively. How long did it take you to get used to using keywords and key search terms in your articles, blog, or anything else you're using to generate traffic?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering, how long did it take you to get used to using keywords and key terms? I had a hard time with getting used to it when I was writing and promoting articles. I never knew where to place the keywords and search terms, and I didn't know how much I should add in between them in titles and whatnot. It took awhile of trial and error in order to see what generated the most traffic, and how to use key terms most effectively. How long did it take you to get used to using keywords and key search terms in your articles, blog, or anything else you're using to generate traffic?

I was always wary of doing keyword research myself, simply because I did not have the resources to pursue backlinking over an extended period of time. I see SEO gurus getting first page Google results within a day or two. I guess it is possible with authority sites. SEO is a changing science and Google is the boss. If I can keep up with the latest algorithm changes they bring up every now and then, it would be worthwhile to continue with my SEO efforts. Tangible results showing slow progress with the steps I take is the way to go.

Finding the keywords was one task I was never comfortable with and as such, I was never given this task by my employers. Though they did allow me write content based on the keywords found by other co-workers. That is one reason, I still prefer staying away from the keyword finding thing and luckily, today, I am more confined to developing websites than writing content. There are times though when my clients ask me to write content for their selected keywords, and I do not have much issues with that.

The time I took to write keyword stuffed content - hmmm, I didnt have to learn that as during my childhood and school days, I was trained to write essays based on some selected words - this helped me in this keyword stuffed writing

Once I got my head around the concept of keywords it did not take long for me to start using them naturally in my writing. I had the advantage of writing to specific titles that contained one or more keywords, so I made sure the right keyword featured in the introduction, body and closing paragraph of each article.

I also write paid assigments that require specific keywords to be included.

I have no difficulty now in selecting and using keywords for my own content. I think the secret is just to do a lot of writing. There is not better way to learn any new writing technique than to keep writing. After a while you should find you have adapted to the style of writing required for SEO.

I still struggle with it. Sometimes I feel like I've got it nailed, and other times it feels very forced to get the right keyword density without feeling like I'm being repetitive or less creative than I could be. But I think that's because I'm coming at writing for the web from a background in fiction where you consciously try to vary your word/phrase use, come up with intriguing rather than descriptive titles, etc... The very opposite of SEO writing.

I take a lot of time with my primary keywords and will not compromise with the process. I duly check for volume, competition, and buyer intent before choosing to market my site using them. It does take some time before I see results. However, I stick with the process until I am sure.

I prefer to spend some extra time in advance doing keyword research to find terms that have a reasonably low amount of competition but a decent amount of search traffic. These are the ones you stand the best chance of ranking first page for. It's not really worth it to write content around high volume high competition terms if you are never going to come anywhere near the first page of results for it.

It took me a little while to improve my writing skills, but after I got that down it was easy to use my keywords in my content. I just use my keywords whenever possible without overdoing it.

It's not hard, you just need to reread your content a few times to make sure your content is readable, and provides good information for your users.

It didn't take me long to get used to it and learn the basics of it. But the more you learn the more there is to learn. You can never say that you know what it takes to rank better and that you are perfect.

I got the hang of it really quick. That's because I started as a freelance writer, doing articles for clients that require a specific keyword density. Subsequently, I discovered many keyword and SEO tools, such as Google Keyword Tool and Market Samurai.

MI
Back