The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How lenient are you on rule breakers?

Drago10

affiliate
All staff members have dealt with at least one form of rule breaking, even if it was something minor. How do you deal with people who break big/important rules (such as no posting adult content)? Do you remove the content and give them a warning? or do you give them an automatic suspension/short ban for posting it at all?

I'm always as lenient as possible. I try to go by a three strike rule unless they do something really bad that would merit an automatic ban.

Rule breakers, three strike rule. Spammers, one strike rule. If you spam my forum I will ban you and your IP pretty quickly.

I always give them a fair share of warnings, the suspension. If you can not still follow rules then am sure banning will be the only left option. I try to be patient but this does not mean that you try my patience.

When I had my forum, I would ban people for a few days from posting if they posted adult content. Non-relevant content would get them a warning and then, if it followed, a suspension for a week. kind of harsh but yes, I had to to it for the good of all on my forum.

Note: Almost all of my members were students whom I had taught or were referred by them. So the chances of such things happening were a little remote, but still, there were times when they went overboard.

banners
Back