The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How important is anchor text?

gedtee

affiliate
I received this little snippet of information in an email today, thought it may be of interest.

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Just how powerful is anchor text? More than most people dream. Try an experiment. Go to Google and search for "clíck here" (without quotes.) The top match for years has been a page for Adobe Acrobat Reader. So does that Adobe page have "clíck here" copied 50 times in the text? No. In fact "clíck here" does not even appear on the page a single time! Does it have "clíck here" embedded in its META tags. No; again, not even once.

So how can it possibly rank number 1 on Google for a term it doesn't even reference? Because of the thousands of Webpages that use "clíck here" as the anchor text linking to Adobe's free download of Acrobat Reader.

By the way, did you happen to notice how many pages Adobe beat out for a term they didn't optimize themselves for? Almost Two Billion! So yes, I have to say anchor text is extremely powerful."[/FONT]

Anchor text is powerful that you can easily out rank the sites having that word in there domain name itself.

So, according to me it's powerful.

Amit

Well he must have never asked, but I had wrote what I suggested and what I thought. Just stop arguing with others to increase the post Man.

MI
Back