The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How I Know That Google+ KICKS ASS For SEO...

Jay Wessman

So I saw the thread that EymardSiojo made recently here about whether people perform SEO experiments and it kind of inspired me to create this thread letting you know about a little experiment that I did with Google+ a while back that PROVES that Google+ is a seriously powerful tool for anyone into SEO.

So here's what I did:

1) I set up a simple site and added lots of affiliate products to it with only a small amount of text on each page (about 50-100 words alongside each product).

2) I set up a Google+ profile and built up a big ass following (I made a blog post a while back here about how to do this here).

3) I then simply started to share those products out from my Google+ profile.

I literally created no other backlinks and didn't promote the site anywhere else. Just on Google+. I wasn't really expecting that much to happen but like I said it was an experiment.

But then I was suprised when a few weeks later BOOM I was getting search traffic AND affiliate commissions coming from this site.

It makes prefect sense though that Google would take the data about who +1'd stuff and incorporate it into their SEO algorithm.

And that's why these days I make sure I promote all of my sites on Google+ alongside all of my regular techniques.

So don't ignore it guys.

Last edited:
Yea, I heard a lot about this. The explanation is simple, it's a way that google promotes Google+ indirectly...and seems that does a good job with it.

Hehe.. I also did my experiment with google plus and I personally testify that it works.

Do it with fb shares and likes and boom!!

Jay showed this in his course - screw95

Nice share man..

Do you set up a new Google+ account per site yeah?

I could be wrong but I thought that you had to use your real name in order to get a G+ account. Or is it okay to use just your website name? Or are you allowed as many accounts under your own name as you want?

Gee, guess I've got some research to do. I've been avoiding G+, better look further into it.

Do you set up a new Google+ account per site yeah?

Yeah I do. Takes time but definitely worth it IMO.

I could be wrong but I thought that you had to use your real name in order to get a G+ account. Or is it okay to use just your website name? Or are you allowed as many accounts under your own name as you want?

Gee, guess I've got some research to do. I've been avoiding G+, better look further into it.

Yeah you have to use a name for your actual profile but you can also set up pages using your website names (it's works pretty much in the same way as Facebook).

But you can still build up a niche related following for your personal account and then share out niche related stuff from your site regardless. You can then also promote your page to your followers.

Yeah you have to use a name for your actual profile but you can also set up pages using your website names (it's works pretty much in the same way as Facebook).

But you can still build up a niche related following for your personal account and then share out niche related stuff from your site regardless. You can then also promote your page to your followers.

I don't have a FB account either. :) Guess I'm not very social, better do something about that, I guess.

Thanks, Jay. I appreciate the info!

Whats the difference from a profile and a page? Why not have pages for your sites under one profile?

Whats the difference from a profile and a page? Why not have pages for your sites under one profile?

You can have multiple pages under the one account if you want however if you build up a niche related audience for your personal profile AND your page you'll have two groups of people that you can promote your stuff too. Just depends on how much time you want to put into it.

Good stuff! Excellent read.

What kind of money were you making off this quick SEO experiment?

About $50-$100/month mainly through the Amazon affiliate program. Nothing earth shattering but I didn't put a whole lot of time into the site it was really just to test the effectiveness of Plus so that I knew how much effort to put into it for my main sites.

Last week I posted the interview with Charles Ngo - All I did after was shared it on social networks and Google + it!

It's now sitting on first page,

MI
Back