The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How fast can you type?

I love typing, Typing Test by Speed Typing Online - Easy, Free Online Typing Test

FXolJZX.png

I made a really dreadful 58wpm. I should have put my headphones on and seen if it can be set to speak.

The problem is I used to do audio transcription, so trying to have the document I am tying on the screen as I am typing over it is hard to get use to. If I'm typing from text I'm used to having it to one side. I kept looking across at my document stand and wondering why there was nothing there before I remembered what I was doing. (The late night at the pub might not have helped. I am blearing at my screen.)

So, how fast can you type?

Speed Typing Test

I seem to have extremely mixed results (I blame my keyboard ;)) and go anywhere from 63 WPM up to low 80's.

That's without errors, with errors I can type at about 7,653,346 WPM...

To be honest, I type slow during the start of the day. But as the time progresses, my hands get used to the feel of typing and so I speed up my typing pace. I also notice that my eyes are now glued in front of the PC and I rarely look at keys when I'm already in the mood...:)

Currently only 43 WPM but I'm hoping to reach at least 60 WPM soon with practise :) It helps so much, you have no idea!

I like 10 Fast Fingers myself - it's not as accurate because you aren't asked to write complete sentences or use much punctuation/numbers, but they do throw it in there occasionally (along with caps).

I grew up on MMOs (Ultima Online represent!) and ICQ/AIM, so I have been "practicing" my whole life. I'm also a writer by profession, so I suppose that's helpful too... I'm comfortably above the global average of 44 wpm for men and 37 wpm for women, as I imagine the rest of us digitally minded folks are.

Just gave it a go:
upload_2016-12-16_16-22-30.png

My highest score is 118, which I've managed to reach a few times but never beat. But I usually average 110 on 10 Fast Fingers and ~90 on the test in the original post (which is more accurate).

Fun fact: we're perhaps getting faster as typists in general, but there seems to be a cap. The fastest typist on record hit 216 wpm... on a typewriter, way back in 1946!

I like 10 Fast Fingers myself - it's not as accurate because you aren't asked to write complete sentences or use much punctuation/numbers, but they do throw it in there occasionally (along with caps).

I grew up on MMOs (Ultima Online represent!) and ICQ/AIM, so I have been "practicing" my whole life. I'm also a writer by profession, so I suppose that's helpful too... I'm comfortably above the global average of 44 wpm for men and 37 wpm for women, as I imagine the rest of us digitally minded folks are.

Just gave it a go:
View attachment 7883

My highest score is 118, which I've managed to reach a few times but never beat. But I usually average 110 on 10 Fast Fingers and ~90 on the test in the original post (which is more accurate).

Fun fact: we're perhaps getting faster as typists in general, but there seems to be a cap. The fastest typist on record hit 216 wpm... on a typewriter, way back in 1946!

Wowzer!! To both of you! :)

Just gave it a go:
View attachment 7883

I like that test. It's probably the easiest since it's not set up like a real-world paragraph or story, so you can really get some high wpm. Right now I am on this clunky mechanical keyboard so the highest I can get is about 108 wpm, but I have hit around 118 wpm as well on this test with mac keyboards.

Funny, I pretty much learned to type the same way you did. I played in the shard Lake Superior on UO back in the day. AWESOME game. Still occasionally jump in on free shards.

Funny, I pretty much learned to type the same way you did. I played in the shard Lake Superior on UO back in the day. AWESOME game. Still occasionally jump in on free shards.

Hah, nice! You had to type quickly to beg for your life :) I was on Pacific from '99-'02, then played on freeshards for a while longer than I'd like to admit... I do miss it though!

MI
Back