The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

How Do You Think The Universe Was Created?

I am actually more on the side of the theory that says that the universe had no beginning nor end. When a theist questions that theory I find it ironic. When you ask a theist where their god came from, they will say "He just has always been here". Which is just much more impossible compared to saying that "The universe has just always been here."

It's like laughing at someone who says that "Water has always existed", while they believe that "Poseidon has always existed".

I think the God idea is a bit silly (sorry to anyone who's religious). It just doesn't seem realistic. I think a scientific approach is much more sensible. Therefore I believe the big bang theory is likely to be the most accurate and realistic.

I try my best to believe in Jesus, considering the fact that my girlfriend is a true Christian, and drags me to church every Sunday. I still have a very hard time believing, so in terms of the universe being created, I believe it was made by the Big bang, known as the Big Bang theory! I think that's how all the planets, moons, and particles such as comets and asteroids were created.

I try my best to believe in Jesus, considering the fact that my girlfriend is a true Christian, and drags me to church every Sunday. I still have a very hard time believing, so in terms of the universe being created, I believe it was made by the Big bang, known as the Big Bang theory! I think that's how all the planets, moons, and particles such as comets and asteroids were created.

+1 Definitely the most sensible explanation

(BTW, sorry about rating some of the responses "dumb"; but some arguments are so 'dumb' that it's not much use to "disagree" :p)

The Bible says "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Ignoring-for-now the fact that "beginning"s & all space-time are man's invention (thought-up as a method of cataloguing existence), something spiritual tells me there's EONS of action between that and "and the earth was without form & void"; because 'creating everything' seems like "just manifesting the raw material that makes up everything, and setting the law of gravity & waiting for it & -for all the laws it brings to form everything else!"

(BTW, sorry about rating some of the responses "dumb"; but some arguments are so 'dumb' that it's not much use to "disagree" :p)

The Bible says "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Ignoring-for-now the fact that "beginning"s & all space-time are man's invention (thought-up as a method of cataloguing existence), something spiritual tells me there's EONS of action between that and "and the earth was without form & void"; because 'creating everything' seems like "just manifesting the raw material that makes up everything, and setting the law of gravity & waiting for it & -for all the laws it brings to form everything else!"

How is me saying '+1' a dumb explanation??

So you believe that god created the earth?

How is me saying '+1' a dumb explanation??
It's the bandwagon approach, on a bandwagon that I rated 'dumb' (not "stupid," just not "studied" or something)

Maybe you can remind me of something---the Big Bang Theory, where does it say all that matter came from?
So you believe that god created the earth?
Well, I may not agree with the schedule the Bible says God had (I don't think earth was any kind of 'ultimate goal' for God); but I DO believe God manifested all the material in the universe and made all the laws that govern it, and all THAT brought about whatever exists today!

Each to their own. I find it quite ironic that though that you rated my post as 'dumb' yet you believe in an imaginary man that no one has ever seen and no one has any proof that he does/has ever existed. Riddle me that

jamesmajin I'm sorry you believe I was talking about a man. I don't think I ever mentioned 'a man'; but I might've accidentally let on of those pesky pronouns through, and you automatically assumed I was talking about the "Hank Williams Jr. in the Sky" that popular media presents as "God."

Kinda like that sign a neurologist holds up and tells you to read, and you answer "Paris in the Fall." Then you look at it really close and see that it says "PARIS IN THE THE FALL." The human brain--to save energy--sometimes edits what you see to fill in what should be there and -to take out what shouldn't be.

I say 'yes, I believe in God,' your human brain fills-in "so that means I believe there's a beardy, robey guy sittin` on a cloud throwing lightning at the bad guys, up there with winged-people in white flying around playing harps, etc.' Stupid Humanity

I'm a firm believer in science as nothing else seems to sit well with me, so I believe in the big bang theory. It's the most understandable explanation, in my opinion. Each to their own though, for years I was a Christian so I can see from that perspective as well. All that really matters is that we have a universe to live and thrive in!

I too believe in the Big Bang theory, I've seen quite a few documentaries about it and it makes sense. Just it is too big of a concept for my mind to understand it, looking into the stars at night and knowing that most of what we see is already dead, how limited are our senses...

I'm a firm believer in science as nothing else seems to sit well with me, so I believe in the big bang theory. It's the most understandable explanation, in my opinion. Each to their own though, for years I was a Christian so I can see from that perspective as well. All that really matters is that we have a universe to live and thrive in!
Did Jesus ever say anything about 'how the Universe began'? I don't think so (other than that God is Our Father ... Creator of our little part in it). Why do you equate "Christianity" with 'believing that something happened millenia ago?'

I believe in the Big Bang Theory, it's the most plausible of all the options presented nowadays.
Maybe some day it will be disproven but only by another scientific theory, not by god coming up and saying he did it.
I find it odd that people turn to religion with these questions when I find it only causes anxiety.
What's more soothing to know that the atoms in your body came from a star that exploded billions of years ago? That put existence into context and make you realize how quick our existences are and we should enjoy it while it lasts.

MI
Back