The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you keep your website ranked on page #1 for Google?

I would say posting new fresh content is the key. I learned that from Pat's Flynn case study he created a site about security training since 2010 and it's still number one until now and that's because Pat did not create one or two pages no he created hundreds of posts and from his case study I see that most of his search traffic is coming from long tail kaywords that's way they say content is king.

Low competition keywords are good. It is better to rank for multiple low competition keywords than it is for one high competition keyword which is good.

Keep building backlinks. Who cares if Google counts them all? it's one more place where your business has a presence.

One easy way to build backlinks is to set up a Google Alert for your keyword. Make it daily. Go through that list of sites each day. Post comments etc. to those sites. Do that every day for a year, and you will see amazing results.

Low competition keywords are good. It is better to rank for multiple low competition keywords than it is for one high competition keyword which is good.

Keep building backlinks. Who cares if Google counts them all? it's one more place where your business has a presence.

One easy way to build backlinks is to set up a Google Alert for your keyword. Make it daily. Go through that list of sites each day. Post comments etc. to those sites. Do that every day for a year, and you will see amazing results.

Yeah google alerts are great, this is a very nice method.

Well, if you build 100 links a day then suddenly dropping to 10 a day would be unnatural ;). Just use common sense. SEO is not a do it and forget it kind of job. But what can be good, if your site is interesting people would start sharing it to their friends, so you have your job done for you! That is one of the reasons why content is important.
Ya Simon, +1 on for this.
Most people forget the whole essence and importance of good content and try to make out anything on everything which is by far the worse methods possible. If you spend good time on content , its never going be that tough to have your site in #1. I am a Writer myself and i hold this point rock solid.

Create a great website within a low to medium competition niche. feed your website with relevant content. Do not keyword stuff or try to take short cuts. your back link quality will always outshine a truckload of garbage links. Competition is everything

Create a great website within a low to medium competition niche. feed your website with relevant content. Do not keyword stuff or try to take short cuts. your back link quality will always outshine a truckload of garbage links. Competition is everything

There we go!

lots of good answers. if you are lucky enough to get a number one ranking then to keep it you need a lot of relevant content being added. back links on relevant sites will always help you but it is not the only thing that will keep you there. basically whatever you do to get to number one....keep doing that. pretty simple and straight forward.

I think the best way to get number one is to pick the right keywords and niche. Find something that is low to medium competition. This changes so make sure you stay on top of it. you will have good pages that rank high and you will have some that wont rank at all. it is a numbers game along with a quality game...do both and you will be OK

write your pages with your readers and visitors in mind....not money.

When you hit #1 do not stop building links, ever. Depending on how competitive your niche is all the sites below you will want your #1 spot and therefore will be building links to their sites, over time you will loose your rankings.

When you hit #1 you can lower your LB efforts but never stop, focus on higher quality manual relevant links and you should stay there.

banners
Back