Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you find your PPV demographics?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
In the very little PPV work i have done i've always used Quantcast and Alexa....any suggestions?

Google AdPlanner and Google Trends can also help, I usually combine those with Alexa to have an idea of the demographics of the website I'm interested in.

Not sure if it'll work for PPV, still busy setting things up to test that channel, I prefer to master a channel at the time: Email , done; Display, done; PPV, working on it ;)

There's a cracking toolbar called SEO for Chrome which is always good for checking out targets. It's best used for Media Buying but holds data from AdPlanner, Quantcast, Compete and Alexa which you can use to quickly build a large list of targets for a PPV campaign.

There's a cracking toolbar called SEO for Chrome which is always good for checking out targets. It's best used for Media Buying but holds data from AdPlanner, Quantcast, Compete and Alexa.

Which tootlbar are you referring to.... I did a Google search and there are quite a few available! :)

Thanks

There's a cracking toolbar called SEO for Chrome which is always good for checking out targets. It's best used for Media Buying but holds data from AdPlanner, Quantcast, Compete and Alexa which you can use to quickly build a large list of targets for a PPV campaign.

Would you tell me which PPV networks you use,because on most of them no demographics options for targeting.
On the other hand there is demographics information about them on net.

About targeted links you mention above is OK.

Apologies for my absence in the thread.

Yes this is the toolbar I was referring to.

Would you tell me which PPV networks you use,because on most of them no demographics options for targeting.

I haven't done much PPV work but when I did it was actually with MediaTraffic when I was starting out. Back then I would use Quantcast and Adplanner to gather the list of targets hence why I suggested the SEO toolbar, it's quick and easy.

Apologies for my absence in the thread.

Yes this is the extension I was referring to.

I haven't done much PPV work but when I did it was actually with MediaTraffic when I was starting out. Back then I would use Quantcast and Adplanner to gather the list of targets hence why I suggested the SEO extension, it's quick and easy.

Start with the motherlode of demographics -- the American Factfinder provided by the United States Census (factfinder.census.gov). Plug in your city, state or zip code to see the characteristics of your area. Click on maps to see where wealthy people live or where educated populations reside. American Factfinder reports on characteristics in these categories: Age, race and household size; social information such as education, disabilities and marital status; economic information such as income; and housing information such as home ownership and mortgages. CensusScope.org which provides charts depicting social and demographic trends in the United States. Go to Fedstats.gov and choose "Agencies by Subject" and then "Demographics." You can browse through free demographics compiled by government agencies on a multitude of topics. Local libraries and colleges are also sources of demographic information.

Start with the motherlode of demographics -- the American Factfinder provided by the United States Census (factfinder.census.gov). Plug in your city, state or zip code to see the characteristics of your area. Click on maps to see where wealthy people live or where educated populations reside. American Factfinder reports on characteristics in these categories: Age, race and household size; social information such as education, disabilities and marital status; economic information such as income; and housing information such as home ownership and mortgages. CensusScope.org which provides charts depicting social and demographic trends in the United States. Go to Fedstats.gov and choose "Agencies by Subject" and then "Demographics." You can browse through free demographics compiled by government agencies on a multitude of topics. Local libraries and colleges are also sources of demographic information.

Cool tools! That's a ton of info on those sites, thanks. I've only tried the fact finder so far but it was easy to use.

I checked to see if we have something similar for Canada but alas, haven't found anything so far. Think the closest we have is StatsCan but it's not nearly as easy to use and is more general, at least that I've found to this point. I'll look harder when/if I need to for offers.

No matter, I suppose, as the biggest market is still in the US and obviously, plenty of data there.

I use google display planner to get the demographics of the top websites that people are advertising in the Google Display Network.
I also have a look at stats from Quantcast and Alexa.

MI
Back