The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How do you choose hosting?

In order to help you guys having the best choice on these services, I have this article about 6 important features on how to choose a good web hosting provider. You need to keep in mind these features when shopping around.

6 important features on how to choose a good web hosting provider
1. Hosting Uptime Guarantee
2. Initial Fees and Renewal Prices
3. Hosting Space and Bandwidth
4. Levels of Customer Services
4.1. Live Chat
4.2. Ticket System/Email Support
4.3. FAQ/Knowledge Base
4.4. Telephone Support
4.5. Community Forum​
5. Company Stability in Industry
6. Company Reputation in the business

The full article here: How to choose a good web hosting provider?

Hope this helps!

GEO Location and proximity to market
Stable bandwidth available
Fair price in its market class
Suitability of the hardware -- if not COLO
Legal advantages of the data center's jurisdiction and the owner's domicile
Reputation of operator and his financial stability too.

Definitely not lowest price -- that's like buying a mobile home on a rented lot :p

If you are starting out good luck -- stick with a well known hosting company that offers reasonable telephone or IM chat support and pay a little more for it.

What is more important to you in choosing a web hosting?
Price, quality, location or etc?

1. Price, for me, must be fair and reasonable for what you get. 2. Quality must be First Class. 3. Technical support has to be second to none. Web hosting should be seen as a craft. Latest speed technologies should be employed by the web hosting provider. Security must be rock solid and proven.

Price obviously is everyone first concern, the next one for me is the server location. You got to know where the server is, if the server is located at your target audience or most visitor location that is a extra mark for it, as if the server is there it would give your web a faster buffing.

We must purchase hosting which serves the best for our website. The price must be moderate and there are no extra charges other than that.

How about businesses (hosts) with good reputations, premium hardware, quality dedicated fiber in and out.

Price is secondary if you are operating at a profit. You are operating at a profit because you are using quality hosting.

Lots of good advice here!:)

I just love Affiliate Fix!;)
You want a hosting provider
that has servers worldwide.

Especially if you are promoting worldwide.

Some of my criteria when picking a hosting:
1. Uptime and downtime?
2. Is it easy to scale/upgrade the hosting?
3. Is it from the country that most of my target audience?
4. Support speed
5. Price

I have been using Linode
since 2007
I had my first support type issue in many years -- my ssh login connection was rejected on one of my VPS servers ...

What was their response? first a cut and paste (low level support reply - typical)
Well turned out I had to use Chrome to make their LISH connection to the server ( server web app SSH ) so i searched in the Internet (WTF) and the right way to troubleshoot is:

Tara,

How about telling me that the LISH will only work in Chrome on a Ububtu install.<rolls eyes>
That and the correct answer is
Code:
$ apt purge ssh
$ apt autoremove
$ apt install ssh
$ sshd -t

and nano edit the
$nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config #line bla bla.
I had to comment out quite a few lines for the sshd to start
??? never had this issue in 10 years.

Anyway I just fixed it.
=======================

Was I mad? Not really because her supervisor/a Tier 1 customer support replied like this:

Regarding reinstalling and reconfiguring ssh, I'm really glad that helped you get back up and running! As Tara mentioned, we're an unmanaged infrastructure provider. We haven't had any similar reports of this issue, and without access to the internals of your Linode, we aren't able to easily identify these types of issues. Either way, I'm glad you are able to successfully connect again,

I like that it is an unmanaged VPS Linode and no one can get it but ME. That is secure.

This is only for Pros and it is very well priced :)
Linode

Generally, it's a combination of many factors depending on each people requirements. So try to clarify your needs and focus only those factors belong to them.

What is more important to you in choosing a web hosting?
Price, quality, location or etc?
What you need to know when choose a web hosting?
1. Understand what you needs and use for from your side, make sure hosting that you choose can full fill your needs.
2. Choose the specification of hosting plan that suitable with your needs.
3. Compare the pricing between some hosting company.
4. Refer to the review of web hosting company that you wish to buy product from them.
5. Check T&C about their products, suggest prefer money back guarantee 30 day/100 day.

MI
Back