The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do you approach someone for buying a link?

sam11

affiliate
I’m interested to know exactly what you say. Do you give a price for a link or ask for one?

Do you talk about buying a link in your first email to the site owner or take it easy and first build a little connection before asking?

What has worked and what doesn’t seem to work? If you can share a couple of lines from your emails that would be really helpful! Thank you!

Generally I'd send them a pm if they are registered on a forum that I'm on,but an email is much different. I generally ask for a price after I ask if they are selling it or not.

If you have a steady email list, then give them a time-limited offer to buy backlinks. Make sure that those backlinks are genuinely good. Give them some examples of how a site can benefit from getting high-quality backlinks, and tell them about the good feed-backs you've got from existing clients.

I have never bought a link this way but I'd be as straightforward as possible. First I would ask him if he wants to sell a link at all and if he does, how much would he ask for it? Most people are completely clueless in this topic so you might get yourself some quality links for really cheap. If he asks too much I'd try to lower the price to an acceptable level. If I fail to do that then I'd tell him I will get my links elsewhere then.

I would try to be as professional as possible when approaching them so that they are more comfortable and better convinced that you are serious about buying a signature link from them. If they sell links at all, they will definitely do it for the right price. Sometimes you may need to haggle, but if the first response you get is a stern "No.", then they probably aren't selling any links. There is no perfect way to do it that will get you a link every time, you have to try different forums and PM different people. All you have to remember is that if you talk like you're serious, they will take you seriously.

I try to be as concise and direct as possible. But I also try to be a bit personal because that will build a sort of relation between me and him. I.e. I use his personal name in the message I sent him, like: "Hey Dave". This makes it look really friendly.
Also I try to be as short as possible since I don't want to take his/her time and piss him off, I try to be concise and direct and get right to the point as quick as possible.

I agree with the other posters that it is important to be direct. If someone emailed me directly expressing their request, but in a polite manner, I would be more apt to give it to them. If they emailed me and made small talk, then asked for the link afterward, I would feel as though they were just buttering me up until they could ask. I would respect someone a lot more if they just came at me in a direct manner and represented their desire in a polite manner.

If I were really keen on getting a high-ranking backlink, I would try to guest blog. It pays to get results I need, but I would rather have a regular process I can get results. The odds are in my favor when I contact a few hundred sites in my niche for a guest blogging role. I have prepared unique articles the website owner will find useful. A 10% conversion rate is a very good solution for links that stick and to get traffic naturally from traffic that visits the guest-blogging site.

MI
Back