The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I send organic traffic to offers?

gnr5

Hi guys,

I have Bemob setup and use Bing Ads to send traffic to my site, and I have it set up that users click my Campaign URL, land on my landing page, and then click on my offer link and they forwarded to the offer.

How do I deal with organic traffic landing on my landing page? My offer URL is usually something like bemob.com/tracking/1/etc, if a user lands on my site organically then "bemob.com/tracking/1/etc" won't resolve because they didn't come from the campaign URL.

I'm sure this is the same way with other trackers as well.

track what -- the click out will have a referring URL from your page (domain) to the offer
searchs ---> user is referred --> search engine gives you no data -- it will have a referring domain like google.com (that's it)
You could set a HTTP Cookie and make your own domain session for that user.
carry those values in a tracker link ))-- your domain -->your tracker --> tracker redirects to the offer -->

Thanks for the response.

The way I have it set up is this:
[Click on Bing Ads using tracker URL] --> Landing Page --> [User Clicks on offer URL] --> User is sent to offer.

However if this is the flow, then the offer URL won't redirect:
[User comes from Organic Google search] --> Landing Page --> [User Clicks on Offer URL] --> 404 Error.

I want to find a way to make the "Offer URL" dynamic so that if it comes from Google then the offer URL could be a direct link to the offer, instead of tracking url.

Hey there @gnr5

Thrive actually has a way to work with you on this and make it possible to track both organic and paid results on the same page. If you're still curious about a setup like this, here's what you would need to do on our platform:

1. Create a campaign for your paid traffic source. Implement thrive's standard click-through URL on the landing page on your CTAs. Provide the traffic source with your campaign URL. Now you have a standard setup going and all your paid clicks will track accordingly.

2. Create a secondary campaign for your organic traffic. Use the same landing page/offer combination. Copy and paste Thrive's Landing Page Pixel into the code on your landing page. Now you have an organic tracking method in place.

Thrive will only track visitors according to the manner they reached the landing page. If they came through the redirection URL from phase 1, the LPP is ignored and doesn't fire. If they did not come through the redirection URL, the LPP is activated and fires accordingly. Both use the same click-through link to deliver your offer to the visitor.

Tracking is still handled as expected, but there are no more annoying 404s to stand in your way of attempting to track your success. Additionally, you now have a breakdown of how each of your paid or organic efforts are performing for you.

If you'd like to give Thrive a shot, just let me know!

Cheers,

1. One way is to envelope the referring URL and set a cookie to that user's browser
  2. Then render the (ad) link dynamically when you serve the page using that cookie
That is a lot of coding
Is the problem is that you want to distinguish the source of the referral?

The simple solution is to just use landing pages for your paid sources.

Use a /?source=1234 query string for each source you want to track and a PHP script to set the link parameters on the page served to that user. That is relatively easy to code ;).

Onsite tracking is not only about organic traffic @gnr5. For instance, when you run campaigns on adwords, you can't use a redirect URL due to the "parallel tracking" function, and facebook Open graph doesn't read too well redirect URL's, so it's always recommended to put a landing page URL in your ads.

Eventually, your site / funnel might end up getting paid/organic/social traffic and you need to differentiate all of them without having the pssibility to rely on a script to split the traffic.

Our users use Google Tag Manager to trigger our tracking script according to utm parameters .

for instance if utm_source=google then the adwords campaign script will fire.
if there is no utm parameter, then the script for SEO/organic will fire.

Alternatively, you can use a "catch all " script, which will capture all URL parameters, regardless of the traffic source and use our zapier integration to fire the conversions back to wherever they belong.

Some of the side features of our script:
- It injects our autogenerated "clickid" into the landing page optin's form
- It capture the Google client id so you can fire the conversion to Google Analytics

Hi there. There also a lot of bots coming from Bing ads between 15-20%. So, please carry out about it.
I believe this article might also help Oh, nooooo... bots, moderators... hack them all!

Another point is related to organic traffic tracking. Adsbridge already solved this issue and now you can set up campaigns and work with traffic sources that aren’t allowed to apply redirects in your ad campaigns.
Organic traffic tracking is available for users with self-hosted landing pages

Here you can check full info about how to set up organic traffic tracking via AdsBridge New feature: Tracking Without Redirects

Thanks Phill! I think I may go for Organic traffic tracking.
I have been looking for such a solution for a long time. Did I get you right I can use my landing page URL at my traffic source and still get all the stats in tokens?

Thanks Phill! I think I may go for Organic traffic tracking.
I have been looking for such a solution for a long time. Did I get you right I can use my landing page URL at my traffic source and still get all the stats in tokens?
Hi John
Sure! On the field “URL landing page” you add your real landing page address, add required tokens if needed. Tokens will be visible in stats.

@John Wellow - we've had this feature for a while, and recently we added some functionalities to our organic tracking script which also capture the google analytics client id and inject tracking id into optin forms.
Depending on the type of campaigns you run - ex: adwords/bing - the integration with GA can give a huge lift to your campaigns.

MI
Back