The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I populate a "community"?

JeremyHFSykes

I just started a blog and, more importantly to me, a "community." I would love some suggestions on how to populate it. They both revolve around fishing. There are thousands, tens of thousands, millions(?) of fishermen who might like the site(s) but HOW do I get some of them? I doubt that I would be welcome on a similar site if I posted my site there. SO, how, how do I get some? As far as RSS feeds to increase my daily change of key words, do you have suggestions there either? THANKS!

:confused:

There are countless things that you can do, but when it comes down to it you have to market a website the same way you market anything else. Optimize your search engine presence first of all, and then get out there and start promoting. There are sites you use to announce your new page. Also, check out similar blogs and sites within the same niche. Build a link to them and ask for one from your blog in return. I wish you the best of luck!

That's the million dollar question! Keep bloggin, submit your blog to directories and technorati. Post on other blogs (your username is normally a link to your site). There are lots of things to do. Most importantly update daily and post good content.

HOW do I get some of them? I doubt that I would be welcome on a similar site if I posted my site there.

Actually, if I were you, I would visit other blogs similar in topic and participate! When you participate on most blogs, you put your link in when adding your post. While the link may automatically have the "nofollow" attribute inserted, that doesn't mean others won't see it, because your user name, as someone mentioned, will be linked back to your blog. If people who are familiar with bloggers like what you had to say, there's a good chance they will click on your name to go see what else you've got to say on your blog. This can have a nice ripple effect in itself. Plus, you can connect with others that enjoy your hobby by posting on their blog, too. Some people are very receptive and will see your link in the admin panel and link back.

Basically, it's a form of networking - but be prepared for people that just seem to "ignore" you, too. In fact, there may be more of those than not but that's all part of this. I always check the date of the last blog post on a blog and if it's more than a month old, I leave because chances are no one is really sticking to it anyway.

Hope that all made sense and good luck! It can be a fun venture, but it does take some time to get things off the ground.

Thanks -

Don't think I have ignored you. :) I have been really busy trying to get thiss thing running. There are so many glitches. I as soon as I fix one/figure one out, there are two more. Thanks

Fishing is one of my favorite hobbies.
As you know fishing and fisherman not always on the internet, they are fishing my friend, try and fax blast(see the legalities) their fishing piers and the fishing docks where charter fisherman. go get flyers out or e-flyers out as much as you can and the most important thing is time, they didn't build Rome, Italy in 1 day mate,
persevere and belief and you to will achieve your goals.

MI
Back