The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I earn from my blog?

krissybee14

affiliate
I just want to know, since I am fairly new with internet marketing... I still also haven't grasp the knowledge of affiliate marketing. I joined some affiliate sites, but it seems like it is all bogus... I see some blogs with affiliate banners on it. Do they earn when they post affiliates to their blog,even if it is a blogpress powered blog? Thank you...

There are so many ways that you can earn from a blog. It doesn't happen just overnight and also it would take up the whole forum space if I need to explain how you can make money blogging.

Take time read others blogs.. Learn from what others are doing.. There is no such thing as you place a banner and you become a millionaire overnight. =D

Don't give up

I would say to first work on getting search engine traffic. Write related articles about your niche and use your keywords. Be consistent in your posting. It doesn't have to be everyday, but post on a regular basis. Focus on backlinks also. Do some link exchanges with other blogs in your niche. Also, install a stat program (I use stat counter) so you can track how people are finding you. :) Good luck!

Hi krissybee14,

I agree with all the comments above.

Additionally, many people are banner blind, so just throwing up a bunch of banners typically does not result in much success.

Inline text usually works best in blogs. Sample paragraph if you had a Mom blog and were talking about jogging or new baby gear:

"A friend of mine just got the best new jogging stroller. One of the things she really likes is the fact it has the XYZ feature - but I like it because I just think it LOOKS sharp! It's on sale at Amazon right now too so check it out.

Or you can compare it to all the top selling jogging strollers at Amazon here."

So you are still writing conversationally - just adding affiliate links to the right keywords. Depending on your writing syle and type of blog, often you don't even try to sell. You don't always need to say BUY NOW! If you were a Mom reading the above and had an interest in jogging strollers, you'd click through to that one or to the best sellers page and hopefully buy!

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: If you are trying to monetize the sites in your sig, those are incredibly competitive markets that are going to be hard for you to get enough traffic to if you are newbie at online marketing. IF you are a newbie and not getting much traffic yet... then I would do some key word research to find a sub niche within your niche - or if you are barely getting any traffic now, I'd leave those up - add something once a month just to keep them alive until you get more skilled. But I would put all my energy into finding a more realistic niche to start with.

I fully agree with Linda on this one, the best way to incorporate affiliate links it to continue a typical narrative that you have with your readers. For me it is pretty easy to do since there are so many products within the marketing niche itself, due to the savvy of my readers I prefer to be upfront so I write (aff) next to any affiliate link I post.

I also agree with most people here - it won't happen overnight and the ONE thing you need in order to make cash from your blog is traffic - get the mix right and you'll make a good living.

MI
Back