The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do article submission sites work?

frankfortpost

Could someone explain how these article submission sites work?

I've tried to submit to things like E-Zine, and it was just a form that I had to copy and paste my article into.

How do you get those hits to your site? Do you insert the link to the original article at the end, or is there another step where it offers you to put the link in?

Yes usually most article sites do not allow hyperlinks IN the body of the articles, BUT they do allow you a link TO YOUR site (which is backlink) in the resource box, also called Author's box, which is at the bottom of the article.

So for instance, If I write an article about laptop computers, like "how to buy a laptop" and then in the resource box I put in a plug for my site. I may say something like" If you are looking for the best prices on laptops please visit: ww.yourdomaindotcom (and that would be the link to my site)

Now if you don't have a site and you want to do article marketing then you can create a HUB or Squid page, that you can use to point people to (with the link to that in the resource box) in your article for more information AND there you can promote your products, whatever they are.

Now ezine and articledashboard both are very strict about that and so they will disapprove your article if you don't follow those rules. BUT Goarticles for instance DOES allow hyperlinks throughout your article, but sites like that are few and far between and I believe those maybe no follows, so they wouldn't count for backlinks just for getting clicks and traffic.

You should ALWAYS read the submission guidelines for whatever article site you are submitting to because they do have different rules.

Also, Usually in the article you write a teaser about whatever your promoting and then in the resource box can put something like "If you'd like to learn more..." This way the article is just used to promote your actual landing page where you will plug the product. I always have the most success when I write articles that are not too salesy but more like I 'm talking to a friend, I think that makes people have more trust in you, if you give them GOOD relevant info they will want to find out more and they will go to your site.

So there are two reasonings behind articles
1. Backlinks which are valuable to YOUR SITE for the serps
2. Teasers that will prompt people to want more and therefore to drive traffic to your landing page. PS: If you used relevant target KW, then you will get relevant well targeted traffic which lead to conversions! (For me that is always the key: KW!)

Hope that helps!

Hello Frankfortpost,

As mentioned by Genuine 4532, you can include your website link (i.e. backlink) into the "Resource Box" or "Author's Box". To assist you in developing a solid Byline (i.e. about the author) I encourage you to conduct a search in an article directory such as e-zine to find articles that are similar to what you are writing about. Take a look at the author's "Resource Box" or byline at the bottom (About the Author) to find good examples.

The aim here is to peek the reader's interest so that they would want to click on your website link to learn more about you and your product. To do this, you have to make your content interesting, creative and innovative. Make it different. What is the value you are offering to the reader that he/she cannot find anywhere?

There are great articles on how to write effective articles (i.e. selecting titles, word count, formatting). Do check them out! Hope this helps.

There are some really good programs out there that automatically submit your article for you.

You would go through the process of registering for all the sites. Then you would insert your article, keywords, description, bio [resource] box, etc.

You would manually go to each site, however all your information automatically loads for you.

I use a program called Article Submitter Pro. They also provide you the Page Rank for each site so you can target the more popular sites [if thats your approach]

In a matter of a few hours you can have your article submitted to hundreds of sites.

There are also some other free tools I have found and have realyl saved me lots of time in submitting articles. SocialMarker is a website that "semi automatically" submits your articles to 50 of the top article submission sites.

There is a lot of prep time in getting this established: You must create a user account for each individual article site first, store your passwords into your IE or firefox, and THEN proceed to submit the articles.

Many of the article sites have "CAPTCHA" checks in place, so this is what prevents these programs from being 100% automated. Even though you end up still going to each website to submit the article, it auto fills in the URL, TItle, Keywords etc. etc.

After the initial 2 hour preptime it took to create accounts for each of these sites and store the passwords, I can get an article submitted to all 50 sites in about 15 minutes.

There are other tools similiar to this out there.

Ezine is a battery article directory thus it pays to have a backlink from it. It's an opportunity to reach an audience electronically and more economically and (seo-friendly).

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also some other free tools I have found and have realyl saved me lots of time in submitting articles. SocialMarker is a website that "semi automatically" submits your articles to 50 of the top article submission sites.

There is a lot of prep time in getting this established: You must create a user account for each individual article site first, store your passwords into your IE or firefox, and THEN proceed to submit the articles.

Many of the article sites have "CAPTCHA" checks in place, so this is what prevents these programs from being 100% automated. Even though you end up still going to each website to submit the article, it auto fills in the URL, TItle, Keywords etc. etc.

After the initial 2 hour preptime it took to create accounts for each of these sites and store the passwords, I can get an article submitted to all 50 sites in about 15 minutes.

SOCIAL MARKER is GREAT!!!

I just use the same user and password for every site, this can make it easier on the memory especially, if your browser doesn't auto detect user name and password. They also now have a universal ID that you can set up this way you have same login everywhere

Follow Guidelines in Submitting Articles

Hi,,

Article submission is not simply copying and pasting the Article into the article submission sites. In that way you dont get the quality backlinks. In the submission form, you would have probably found resource box in which you provide the hyperlink to your website and there are many such tips which if you follow during submitting your article, you would find a better result.

thanks,,
mccain.

Yes usually most article sites do not allow hyperlinks IN the body of the articles, BUT they do allow you a link TO YOUR site (which is backlink) in the resource box, also called Author's box, which is at the bottom of the article.

So for instance, If I write an article about laptop computers, like "how to buy a laptop" and then in the resource box I put in a plug for my site. I may say something like" If you are looking for the best prices on laptops please visit: ww.yourdomaindotcom (and that would be the link to my site)

Now if you don't have a site and you want to do article marketing then you can create a HUB or Squid page, that you can use to point people to (with the link to that in the resource box) in your article for more information AND there you can promote your products, whatever they are.

Now ezine and articledashboard both are very strict about that and so they will disapprove your article if you don't follow those rules. BUT Goarticles for instance DOES allow hyperlinks throughout your article, but sites like that are few and far between and I believe those maybe no follows, so they wouldn't count for backlinks just for getting clicks and traffic.

You should ALWAYS read the submission guidelines for whatever article site you are submitting to because they do have different rules.

Also, Usually in the article you write a teaser about whatever your promoting and then in the resource box can put something like "If you'd like to learn more..." This way the article is just used to promote your actual landing page where you will plug the product. I always have the most success when I write articles that are not too salesy but more like I 'm talking to a friend, I think that makes people have more trust in you, if you give them GOOD relevant info they will want to find out more and they will go to your site.

So there are two reasonings behind articles
1. Backlinks which are valuable to YOUR SITE for the serps
2. Teasers that will prompt people to want more and therefore to drive traffic to your landing page. PS: If you used relevant target KW, then you will get relevant well targeted traffic which lead to conversions! (For me that is always the key: KW!)

Hope that helps!
well said i agree i dont need to explain..:cool:

Thanks so much. I'm totally inspired for a short video tutorial. It's common for people to not understand these dumb things sometimes at first. I see my students say they've tried stuff this simple, yet this complicated depending on where you're at, and give up.

We were all non-tech savvy at one time. You'll find a way to get through it. People will show you if you do just like you did here and ask. It's good for all who have similar issues but feel "stupid." I hear that one a lot.

Never stop asking questions, ever. Bravo.

Articles are a great marketing tool so be sure to pursue it, ok? Well worth the frustration, PROMISE.

Sheree

The most important thing when article marketing is to have a good eye catching title and a good article. If it is good then the search engine sites will pick up on it then the traffic wil follow. But most importantly, if the article is interesting and provides information to your target audience then other people will post your article on their site for you increasing your traffic exponentially.

So the first thing is to have a good article. From my experience writing it yourself is the best way.

SocialMarker? Wow I never heard. I am going to try it.

Could someone explain how these article submission sites work?

I've tried to submit to things like E-Zine, and it was just a form that I had to copy and paste my article into.

How do you get those hits to your site? Do you insert the link to the original article at the end, or is there another step where it offers you to put the link in?

you should create your bio/info this will have the link to your site and will become part of your article, so everytime someone finds your article they will also see your site info at the bottom of your article, and if interested, will click to your site

MI
Back