The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How did you get started?

Haven't been around for a while so thought I'd stop by and update. Honestly I haven't been doing anything on this in the last few weeks :( Though I have been checking to see my stats on my blog and it has been pulling in visitors off my articles and off of google. Not many visitors but I'm happy to see it is still getting some even with 0 advertisement on my part. Unfortunately those visitors aren't converting at all, not even clicking really. I've only had 3 clicks in the month of March (Which is understandable with 0 advertisement, but you'd think with still getting visitors daily I'd see more than that).

March 10th, I actually found out I'm pregnant, so I've been busy with a lot of other things. I do want to get back into this, but I really need to jump into what I had planned as what I've been doing hasn't been converting well at all. Perhaps I'll start small with just building a list and sending out a newsletter, then move on from there.

Re: How did you get started...

Wow, what a great question (thanks).

I got burned out many years ago on the whole MLM thing and knew there had to be a better way.

That's when I discovered offering my own products online and affiliate marketing.

So happy to see this still up! I came back to update you all and was expecting this post to be buried.

First of all, I haven't done anything on this for the past few months, probably since my last post here. So how about a stat update first?

Blog-
*Lost a couple followers
*1070 page views
*Still getting monthly views, mostly off of google

Referring Sites:
*Facebook - 57
*Google - 55
*Street Articles - 48
*This forum - 23
*A fun forum I own - 37
*Another forum - 10
*Squidoo - 8
*Another forum - 4

Amazon Associate Stuff, off of Blog-
*Product Link Clicks: 26
*Other Clicks: 29
*Clicks: 55

Only one thing ordered / bought, and that was from the friend I know and which brought me my first .60 cents. So off of Blog & Amazon Associates, still only made .60 cents. Which I didn't expect much since I've been doing nothing with any of it.

Street Articles-
*Live Article Views- 4310
*Article Link Clicks- 50

Not a very good average in my opinion.

Squidoo-

Came back to Squidoo to find only one of my lens being featured (which is great considering I haven't done anything here either for so many months!) All 6 of my other lens were put in the category 'Work In Progress' so aren't getting seen at all unless someone happens to find them in google or click on a link.

The Great news is, I made some money off of Squidoo! Woo! Off the lens being featured, I sold 2 products bringing me- .45 cents! It's also showing .30 cents pending, so I'm hoping that I sold something else too and it just hasn't gone through yet. I'm a little confused on it. Either way, the products were bought last month in August!

Off another lens that is now considered a WIP, I sold another product in May earning another .38 cents!

Sooo if everything is as I think it is, I made my first dollar!!!

This in itself has motivated me to get back on track with things. I will mostly be focusing on Squidoo, but I will also be starting another blog. It won't be very directed towards Affiliate marketing though, and more based on something I can offer people myself. I am also working on a Dog Forum that is unique and not like the others out there. In this forum, I will also be offering online classes at a low price. So people won't have to pay a membership fee, just a price if they choose to take the class. If the forum does well, I might move it to a membership kind of a thing. We'll see.

So yes, I have a few things in mind and I hope to keep with it. I'm sure things will get in the way, I'm a bit limited on computer time now days so have to figure out how to manage my time well.

In other news, I am now at 30 weeks pregnant and will have a newborn here in a couple months :) So, keeping on track will be even more difficult when that time comes. I'm still addicted to this all though, so I'm sure I'll find a way to make things work.

Thanks for reading :)

EDIT- Oh also! To get me started again, yesterday I made another Squidoo Lens, and today I went through all of them to update tags. I did a horrible job on my tags, only having 3-5 on each. No wonder they weren't getting views! So I added every tag I could think of to each of them, now most have over 20 tags. They are already paying off too as I am already getting more views. I also Twittered pretty much all of them again.

I have a lot of ideas for more lenses to make, so I will be trying to make at least one new lens a day or so.

I now have a LOAD full of Lens Ideas for Squidoo, not sure how many, but if I accomplish all of them I'll be a big squid in no time! I made two today and I hope to do more. I feel like I'm getting sick, so hopefully I don't actually end up sick. I hear the flu is going around pretty heavy here.

Sorry for the triple post! It doesn't give me the option to edit, and nobody's replied so not sure how else to go about my updates.

Anyways, I made 3 more lenses yesterday, so a total of 5 yesterday. I've made 3 more so far today. Up to 15 lenses in total. I *think* my quality is getting better on them. I still haven't made a dent in my list of lenses to make lol.

All of the lenses I updated are now back in the green and ranking much better. The lens that was already doing good is now in the 3 tier lens rankings! Super happy about that and if I can get it to stay there for a month, I should get paid for it :)

I'm getting many more views today, comments, and likes! I would like to find more ways to get more traffic though. I'm trying to do the keyword research and such, but need to find more ways to create backlinks.

I'm really enjoying my Squidoo experience, even more so than my blog and article writing.

I even made the top 40 list for Squidoo spirit twice today!

GREAT Day at Squidoo for me today!!! Well it'd be greater if somebody bought something :p but still a good day.

Let's see, the lens that has been doing well is doing even better today. It's gone from 60,000 in ranking to 52,000!!! Which is great! It's moving in the right direction. It now has 8 likes, 16 page views this week and 12 today!!! That's better than any of my other lenses, though they are all getting more views, likes and comments today too.

Even better news, I now possibly have 5 lenses in the tier 3 rankings range!

I've created 2 new lenses today which brings my total up to 17 lenses! I've tried to focus today on building good backlinks. I'm trying to go through all the things I joined before for backlinks and updating my profiles. I've uploaded pictures, bios, and a link to my About Me Lens on Squidoo. My About me lens links to everything else, my training website, blog, other lenses, and even a few pages that aren't mine but relate to my life.

I really want to provide good quality lenses, so I'm trying to better my style with each new lens. I think I still have a ways to go, but practice makes perfect right!

Hope someone finds these updates useful or at least fun to read :)

WOW, Loving today's rankings and such! The lens that has been moving up in rank is now at 29,021!!!! If it keeps moving like it is, it will reach Tier 1 in no time!

I changed my signature so you guys can keep more up to date with how my Squidoo journey is going.

I needed some extra buck for university and got an offer from a friend from a browser game to do some minor jobs for him, so i started and learned a bit from him... and that is how i got into this....

I always been interested in Internet business since Internet was born but didn't really had the time to do it coz of work.
Finally in 2010 I've been reading some blogs and found out more about affiliate marketing. Started a free blog then moved to my own hosted blog etc...
But now I realize 3 important thing:

First if you are new - do some extensive research first before embarking in anything, writing down the most important notes so you will comeback to it when you need it. If you don't, it is easy to forget the important things that you read before. If you have notes it will save you lot of time. If you don't have notes you will end up researching again and again. Or just save the very important Sites to Favorites on your computer.

Second - just spend few dollars for a very good training course from Top Experienced Affiliate Marketer who is reliable and delivers good information so that you will know exactly what to do. Sometimes the information that you can get around the internet (although some are good) will mess your thinking instead of helping you to Focus. And that's the important thing is focus. A good course from an Expert (with a heart)will help you start your business the right way as long as you follow the good instructions and take actions.

Third - choose an Expert with a heart to guide you, if the first training course you bought doesn't seems to connect the dots, try again another training course. The problem with some ebook is that it doesn't really teach us the whole thing, sometimes something is missing so we cannot start anything because we needed more information. And the problem with some training materials are that they are an introduction to a more expensive training courses such as memberships.. But ordinary people just cannot afford to pay high cost of memberships clubs....

I saw an ad for an affiliate marketing course - The lady who gave it seemed so honest and the course cost only $48 - It was a great course, I learned tons but didnt make so much money - Then I realized that if she had such a great way to make money as an affiliate marketer, why doesnt she do that? Instead she's marketing her course - Makes you wonder

just started

i also just started an online business and is having fun i have retired the past year and stumble on online marketing as something i could do in my spare time i am making a lot of mistakes but as they say you learn from them but also having a lot of fun as i have time on my hand, hoping to start making money soon

This is a reall inspirational story - since I am still at the start - I can only hope I will be able to write something like this later :)

MI
Back