The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How did you form your domain name?

temi

affiliate
Its amazing the number of nice and wacky domain names out there, sometime I wonder what people are on when they register a domain name because some of the domain names are outrageous.

I just wondered how members of this forum come about their domain name (and what they smoked or drank the nigh before registering the name :)

I will also like to know the wackiest domain name you have registered or come across.
Temi

:)

lol... novocaineGFX.com
From novocaine, my nick and GFX - Graphic FX

I had a huge problem while thinking about my domain name.. and this is the best one i could come up with :)

I think the most silly domain name I have ever registered is haabaa. I was desperate to register a domain name that still have .com and .co.uk available, I could not find any so I started making silly names up until I found Haabaa. The funny thing is that no matter how silly a domain name sound initially after hearing it again and again it start to sound okay :)

However I do not think haabaa is too silly when I say a portal software called Movable Types, it makes not sense for a blog software but I guess the owner have a reason for using that name.

I knew I wanted to create a family related website that was safe for all members of the family to browse, register and post in. I also knew that I wanted to pull all the various family info on the net into one source in an attempt to strengthen communication between family members. This process will take me forever I'm afraid but is well worth it if it helps just one person.

It took me a month and several hundred names before I finally settled on Lifesupporters.com. Virtually every Family.com or FamilyFriendly name was taken or too lame to register. I also thought that Lifesupporters was a clever play on words. Not only is it lifesupport in a way but when a community is involved support turns plural. I also thought it was clever enough and easy for people to remember. I'm quite thrilled with the way things turned and even though the site is new (3 months) and the memberlist small (30 members) it is a warm, friendly environment with some great topics written by some truly great members.

I must need a hug or something because I've been a big pile of mush all day long :oops:

Duke,
I can understand it tool you so long to find a domain name that put across what you want to convey and doing it in such a creative way, you need to be creative this days to come up with a decent domain name because as you said most sensible domain names are always taken.
I think lifesupporters is a great name, initially it sounds like the name of a charity for raising money for medical cause but when you get to the site you will think haaa, of course the family is the life of our whole world, if you support the family you are supporting life!
Well done Duke, I will pop in and register as a member so that your membership will increase by one more :)

Temi

Wow, more than I can hope for.

Thanks for the kind words temi. That site is a truly a labor of love. You are more than welcome at Lifesupporters but I'm sure you already knew that. :D

banners
Back