The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How did you determin your directory price?

How did you decide submission price?

• Based on PR

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Based on competition

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Plucked from thin air

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Just a rough guess of the value of my directory

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

temi

affiliate
I just wondered how directory owner decide how much to charge for inclusion in their, do you base your submission price on what competition are charging, you directory PR or just pluck a figure out of the air?

The first law of business rate setting is "charge whatever the market will allow". The people who look at what they need to make in order to pay the bills will never be rich, but they will succeed in de-valuing their products.

I quite agree with you, I have been experimenting with prices on some of my directories, on one directory, I raised the price so high to frighten people off as I do not have time for that directory, when I started receiving submission for that I thought was a grossly inflated price, after the 3rd submission I come to accept that that directory is worth that after all and I never lowered the price which was my original intention when I first raised the price.

After the fourthcoming PR export I am going to sell text links. I will use the different link value calculator programs and multiply the result with 1,2. I'm sure the prize won't be low, but I don't care. If nobody will buy them I will put there my friends' sites:D

I think many people appriciate quality links so I don't think your link will be too expensively priced :)

Well, I think you can try and see the maximum you can get, since your income is not dependent on you selling link, you can experiment :)

I try to keep my prices pretty low, but the exchange rate and Paypal fees make it pointless to be too cheap.

PR is important to submitters, so that has some relevancy, but I also charge based on the unique category stucture and design of my directories. I rate links as being more worthy in a directory with a different structure.

The category dump common template directories are lowering standards IMHO.

I have quite a few directories, the main directories a priced in GBP, I price about two directories in USD, the money those two bring I don't convert to GBP, they pay for adverts I buy from other directories and the GBP I draw into my bank.

I don't think pricing in GBP put people off if the pricing is sensible. I don't necessary have more inclusion in the one priced in USD than the one priced in GBP.

MI
Back