The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How Dependant Are You On Just One Site?

espmartin

affiliate
I run multiple sites, and those are set on different niches.
I know of webmasters who direct all their energies on just
one site - and are banking on it for their financial stability.

Now I'm not knocking webmasters who only run one site, but
for those I know who do, some of them would "loose the house"
if they fell from the top #5 on Google to lets say #20 in
the SERPs. One guy even mentioned that if his rankings dropped
from #1 to #7 - he'd loose a good %30 of his traffic and
conversions - and would go broke.

Wow. So how many of you webmasters have "all your eggs in just
one basket"?

I have a day-job with a large multi-national so my eggs are in that basket and the sites I run I could live without if I had to financially, but I like being creative and that means they stay. However, if I did not have a day-job and relied on my sites for my income I would have my finger in many pies. Currently I run varied sites, so I would extend that portfolio of sites.

Now, playing devils advocate; the problem is then, your eggs are all over the place and you take your eye of one of them and crack it breaks. I think there has to be a happy medium of diversification and manageability.

What do you think is the optimimum situation?? I personally think, no more than 4 sites to really work with

I have one main site but I couldn't care less if I made loads of money on it or not. The $20 I do make a month go straight back into the site as hosting. It works quite well.

About 4-5 years ago, I fell spectacularly for some desirable keywords, about 80% of my income was wiped off, ever since, I always have at least two websites for each of my important income generating sites. Its more difficult work to maintain two sites rather than one but if the site is a crusial site, its worth it.

MI
Back