The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How can travel agencies survive in COVID-19?

The total losses of airlines in 2020 against the background of the coronavirus pandemic will amount to $84.3 billion, according to the IATA. According to the results of July (the most recent IATA statistics available at the time of publication), the global transportation market is recovering, but mainly due to domestic flights. For example, the reduction in passenger turnover on domestic flights around the world amounted to 57.5% in annual terms, on international flights - 91.9%. This catastrophic situation forced the airline to make a discount on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Travel from our major airports here in Canada, especially Pearson in Toronto! is an absolute nightmare for most. Many hours in line and about a bazillion suitcases on the floor that came off flights that either arrived at a different time than the owners, or were abandoned because people couldn't find theirs in the sea of luggage, despite looking for hours.

The airlines and airports say it's because of the massive increase of travel over last year's numbers plus our idiot government is still requiring testing at airports, which slows down the process. The government is "working on it" and trying to find a solution. Last I heard, they're moving the testing area and adding more staff.

So, lots of people want to travel but it's a hellish endeavour here, at least for the majority. First class don't have the same problems I heard from a couple who flew that way a few weeks ago.

I would imagine that travel agents might be dealing with a few grumpy customers.

I would imagine that travel agents might be dealing with a few grumpy customers.

Hey Darlin'! Nice to see you here! I hope you have been well and living the good life!
200.gif

I hope you aren't one of those grumpy customers.

Happy GIF by Disney

It used to be fun to fly somewhere --not anymore ....

Well, perhaps for the average traveler, but the business jet and small group charters are going through the roof and still have reasonable availability. No lines to battle with them either. Much better way to travel!

I think we will see a significant increase in short distance air travel availabilities coming. The smaller jet prop planes are economical for travel. I once used them frequently.

Nice to see you here!
Thx, nice to be here! :)

Don't tell anybody but sometimes I pop in, delete some spam posts and leave without posting.
I hope you have been well and living the good life!
You betcha, always!

It used to be fun to fly somewhere
I remember having a choice between chicken or fish; metal utensils to eat it with. Real dishes. Desserts, champagne and orange juice served in a flute and included in your ticket price. No Styrofoam in sight. No lineups, kept my shoes on, took pretty much anything I wanted in my carry on. Even smoked on the plane.

Aww, the good old days before terrorists and a pandemic.

Well, perhaps for the average traveler,
90% of air travelers travel cattle car, economy class.
My son and daughter-in-law still travel fairly often, to France last month. They fly first class, so they haven't had to sleep on the airport floor or wait for several hours in line to get on a plane, they get through much faster. If people can afford it, that's the way to go.

Sadly, the rest of the travelers have been going through hell to get a passport or a direct flight to anywhere. As far as their luggage, they'd be better off not trying to take any. I hear it's bad all over, I dunno but it's one horrible mess here.

I plan to wait until things calm down, they get rid of the ArriveCan app (fingers crossed!) and then hopefully ride, rather than fly until aviation has adjusted to the new normal.

I think the best solution for them would be to book a charter bus. A charter is used at any time of the year at the customer's individual request, in any direction, to any part of the world. For such you can go to Bus Charter and rent such a flight exactly from them. It is very advantageous to use charter trips when your route lies in a rarely visited direction, where others do not go. I think many customers will be interested in this because they roughly speaking, they can travel on the route they want.

A friend of mine works at a travel agency. She recently told me that many clients don't want to go on vacation because of the difficulties with visas, insurance and covid passports. She came up with an ingenious idea. The travel agency offers various programs in the countries it specializes in. Basically it is the Greek Islands, and there on the spot on arrival all passengers are given ready covid passports. They give the data in advance when they buy the tickets and when they arrive they are given their passports and codes if needed.

Between 9/11 and COVID-19 air travel will never return to normal.
It used to be fun to fly somewhere --not anymore ....

Good and not so good news'
I remember having a choice between chicken or fish; metal utensils to eat it with.
I flew Austrian Airlines business class conecting to a flight to Bucharest in 2016. The meal was served on china plates, stainless silverware and linen napkins :p I got what the company paid for LOL

MI
Back