The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can links be customized for SEM?

Summy

affiliate
Hi,
If one has the permision from the advertiser, how can one customize the links for search engine marketing for Google Adwords campaigns, in order to deep link to advertiser's web site?

Thanks and regards.
Summy

I used affiliate link masker. This is a very old tool and it helps me hide the link and convert it to a webpage. You can then upload this webpage to your own domain. According to the new policy of Google your display url must match the destination url. Using affiliate masker you can do that very easily. You just have to register a new domain for each new promotion.

Are you talking about cloaking? If so I write PHP programs that users click on when they shop on my site. Eventually when they click on a 'more details' link I use PHP to direct them to the 'real' merchant link. But you can never mouse over it or see it in my HTML.

I think he is talking about direct linking from adwords to a page on the merchant's site.

And the way to do that varies depending on which affiliate network you are using.

It varies. But more importantly, some networks don't have that feature whereas, some networks only have it if the merchants allow the option.

MI
Back