The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How can I know if a niche is good to make money?

With all that being said, if you are here for the long run, then I will strongly advise you to follow your heart, your passion and then aim for the money.

Of course, it helps if your passion follows them money too, or if your passion IS the money. :D

Another thing as well is that if after searching on Google Keywords, you find that your niche is too competitive, then try a subniche and see how that fares. For example, if you were selling "car windscreen wipers," and they were your keywords, (but too competitive) then try sub-niching it, say "car windscreen wipers fords." Thereby you're concentrating on a smaller area which is good for starting out. (Never write off your niche if you're becoming frustrated, always consider sub-niches of your subject as you won't believe just how many there are out there.);)

It has been 3 months since I posted this thread and I have been working and reading everyday :)

I have only earned $1 but I have learned so much that I know the money will soon follow if I keep walking this path.

I tested a few methods but recently I decided to go back to the basics. I made a few mistakes when selecting my niches. Now I know that if I am targeting a micro niche I should look for keywords that are composed of 3 or more words. I selected some 2 words keywords because the competition was low but then I noticed the CPC was also low, and then I tried some high CPC keywords but then the competition was too high, geez no one said this was going to be easy :D

Now I am taking my time to select a good keyword first. It took me 3 months but now I understand that the keywords are the foundation of your website, and if it is not right then everything will crumble.

My lesson learned: I need to be very good at keyword or niche selection before jumping on site building, techniques to attract traffic, etc.

Do you think it is getting harder to come across a good niche? I have been searching for 3 hours now and every niche I find has too much competition or low CPC. I am using market samurai and the google keyword tool.

All good advice, but my best tip is:

Make sure you enjoy what you're creating content about.

If you aren't interested in it, you'll burn out and your writing will lack passion. People can smell excitement a mile away...as well as a lack of passion.

Never follow the money. Follow your passion and the money will happen.

Content > Traffic > PREsell > Monetize

Keep it always in that order and you won't go wrong. ;)

I agree with this especially the enjoying part.. find a niche you enjoy working with and write about will make you much better off doing something you don't like.. just do it1

Keep in mind that following your passion may not necessarily mean putting up a single website and just living or dying by that one!

If, for example, you had anxiety or panic attacks, used the Linden Method (as another poster here apparently did!) you could make a convincing website from that. Get that one up, continue to add content, get it ranked and you will most likely make money from it.

Following up on that success may mean choosing another product in a self-help market which is somewhat allied with your original product.

Just keep going until you wake up one morning with a full bank account.

Good Luck,
DTaylor

banners
Back