The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How can I get more backlinks?

DrMarie

affiliate
Any advice on how I can get some good backlinks?

I've been posting blog comments but I can't find many dofollow blogs with good PR to post on.

I'm trying to submit articles to ezine but with the new rules I keep getting rejected for self-promoting. I've just submitted a new article with no self-promoting, just a link in my sig and we'll see how that goes.

What else can I do to get some backlinks?

Since that latest algo change, articles will do you little good in the short term, I would not write over 1 or 2 a week. Google slowed their crawl and index rate on article directories, So top notch information with longer, and fuller articles are the best bet and only submit them to goarticles and ezine articles and write them good enough to get republished on other blogs and sites.

Press releases are good links and can be a great benefit since the links come from authourity news sites. This would also gove your site some main stream exposure, but you have to have something different or precieved as different for the viral effect.

Keep doing the blog comments. Use search commands to find them in google. Here is an example of a few.

inurl:blog "keywords"

inurl:node "keywords"

inurl:blog "Post a comment"

inurl:node "comment"

I would not focus on wordpress blogs since most are nofollow.

If you have a little money to spend, the press releases are the quickest way to get fast (fast as can be expected in google anyway) results.

Do not waster your time with free press releases unless you just want google news traffic, and make sure you have the targeted phrase in the title of the press release.

Remember, press releases are written from a 3rd party position, and articles are strictly informational, but you get a couple links at the bottom in the author bio.

Hope this helps.

Don't worry too much about the PR of the blogs. As long as they're respectable and not spammy, you should comment. Have you become a member of various related forums yet? You can sometimes put your site in your signature, and there's the added benefit of building relationships, trust, and a network of contacts.

Write the kind of blog posts that invite people to link to you just because they're so interesting, provocative (in a good way), fun, humorous, whatever. Top ten lists, lists of secrets, interesting photos, stuff like that tends to get linked to and passed around.

Offer to guest post for someone with a related blog in exchange for some discreet links in or at the end of the article.

Above all, just making your content as high-quality and helpful as possible will build your backlinks naturally over time. I know it's not the fastest way, but it's important. Hope these ideas help a bit!

Don't worry too much about the PR of the blogs.

I agree. First, all you can ever see is the public/posted PR of a blog, not its actual PR. My advice is to ignore PR entirely and look for related content.

Frankly, while from an SEO viewpoint, nofollow blogs won't help, I'd also recommend that you ignore the issue of nofollow/dofollow as well. Search for blogs relevant to your content areas that allow commenting and contribute to the discussion. Some of those will be dofollow and you'll have another backlink. But even those that are nofollow will be helpful for reputation building and branding.

Have you become a member of various related forums yet? You can sometimes put your site in your signature, and there's the added benefit of building relationships, trust, and a network of contacts.

Again, an excellent suggestion - not more affiliate marketing forums necessarily but forums related to your content areas, in this case pets, veterinary medicine, or other topics of personal interest to you and/or relevant to your sites.

One other blog commenting tip. The sooner you post after a new blog post is published, the more potential traffic you can get because your comment will be near the top where more will read it, instead of buried way down.

Best way to do this is to pull the blogs you want to comment on into your feedreader. Check your feedreader several times a day, so as soon as a good relevant article is posted you can jump on it and add to the conversation.

Example I have posted on affiliate related posts on ProBlogger which gets tons of traffic. When I've gotten a post high up I have gotten a lot of traffic. When my comment has landed in the 55th spot, not so much.

Forum posting is another good back linking strategy. But make sure post on dofollow forum. This forum is dofollow. Put your link in the signature file.

forum posting to dofollow sites along with blog commenting are the 2 that I am concentrating on at the moment, as well as good (I hope) SEO ;)

Social bookmarking sites are a great source of backlinks. There are a lot of lists out there people have put together, Google is your friend as always :)

I would just keep posting comments on blogs whether they follow or not. Google still counts the nofollow links.

I would also join more forums and other communities and continue to participate in them.

I would stay away from paying for back links because this just doesn't hold any real value as links can be removed at any time.

I would just keep posting comments on blogs whether they follow or not. Google still counts the nofollow links.

No, they don't, actually. Google spearheaded all this nofollow nonsense. And they did it as a way of pressuring webmasters to discount certain types of links so they wouldn't contribute to passing PageRank.

Thanks for posting this thread Dr. Marie, very useful responses so far!

I am also a bit curious about forum posting, and how useful it is with two scenarios:

1 - A forum that is not very popular but is picked up when searching for "high level niche" forum. If the forum is not very popular (low membership), but has high PR in Google, is it still worthwhile to post and add your signature?

2 - A forum that has high traffic and high page rank in Google but does not allow you to have a signature. You are however allowed to enter your website in your control panel, so it is viewed when clicking on your username. I assume this is never picked up?

Thanks all!

I am also a bit curious about forum posting, and how useful it is with two scenarios:

1 - A forum that is not very popular but is picked up when searching for "high level niche" forum. If the forum is not very popular (low membership), but has high PR in Google, is it still worthwhile to post and add your signature?

Yes.

2 - A forum that has high traffic and high page rank in Google but does not allow you to have a signature. You are however allowed to enter your website in your control panel, so it is viewed when clicking on your username. I assume this is never picked up?

So would I. In all likelihood, such a forum will have blocked access by spiders to member lists and User CPs, so search engine spiders will never see it.

Thanks all![/QUOTE]

Try writing articles and submitting them to authority sites like SiteProNews, WebProNews, PromotionWorld and others. Those sites are highly respected by tens of thousands of webmasters. That's the method I use to attract quality inbound links to my business directory.

My new business directory is only 3 weeks old, yet I already have numerous, powerful inbound links that websites much older than mine would envy.

David Jackson

Try writing articles and submitting them to authority sites like SiteProNews, WebProNews, PromotionWorld and others. Those sites are highly respected by tens of thousands of webmasters. That's the method I use to attract quality inbound links to my business directory.

My new business directory is only 3 weeks old, yet I already have numerous, powerful inbound links that websites much older than mine would envy.

Excellent suggestion David. Thanks so much and great to hear how well it's working for you!

Do your own research and generate a list of sites that is relevant to your site and try posting on them or contact them for link exchange. I think that will work.

Don't give up on the articles. That's my preferred method of acquiring backlinks, and it's worth the effort, I promise you. Also, you should apply to be a volunteer expert at AllExperts.com.

Social networking sites are an excellent source of backlinks. I use Twitter, and have been pleasantly surprised at how effective it's been at sending traffic my way.

David Jackson

No matter what I do I can't seem to get an article approved on ezine!

Without actually reading your articles, I can't say for sure what the problem is. But my guess is the tone of your articles are too promotional. That's a huge no, no with EZA, as well as the other top article directories.

In addition, EZA has really tightened up their approval process. They're actually going back and deleting thousands and thousands of previously approved articles. They're taking out the trash, so to speak. Now instead of quantity, they're focusing on quality. So your articles really have to be reasonably well-written, in order to be approved.

You can read all about it in Allen Grave's article, EzineArticles.com is Cleaning House.

David Jackson

Thanks David,

Knowing what I know about Marie, my guess is her articles are well written and I doubt they are too promotional. I think this is probably another case of the bad guys ruining it so it makes it harder for even honest marketers. :mad:

banners
Back