The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How big should a niche site be?

kenpachi

affiliate
It may sound stupid, but for some reason I am getting hung up over the scope of niche sites, and niche mini-sites. i.e How many articles / pages should someone strive for on their niche site? Stuff like that.

Thanks!

That really depends on what you want to do with the sites. I have sites for some niches that are no more than one page sales letters but still have a PR of 2. Most of the traffic is driven there though organic searches due to targeting a low compatition keyword phrase with about 50 searches a day.

I also have niche sites that are upwords of 10 pages, with various forms of content. Those sites get traffic the same way as the others but the niche requires a little more "bait" than a one page site does.

You can always get traffic and PR rank throught the various free forms of traffic. Articles, Rss feeds, Yahoo Pipes, Dapper, blog commenting, social bookmarking and so on.

Just test your niches to see how each one is going to convert. The main thing is to do something to advertise your "business" everyday. You'll never find out what is going to work until you test it.

Don't be scared of failing either. If you fail to make a profit out of something, there is always something that you have learned that you can take with you into the next niche you go after.

You'll never find out what is going to work until you test it.

Brilliantly put! :) And you can always build from where you start, so nothing is ever out of the realm of possibility. If you find success with just a 1 to 5 page niche site, more power to you. But if you feel you need to expand, that option is always open. Makes this business exciting, but also a bit more complex. But it all pulls together - just one step at a time and you'll find you're learning more with each approach you take. Good luck!!!

It may sound stupid, but for some reason I am getting hung up over the scope of niche sites, and niche mini-sites. i.e How many articles / pages should someone strive for on their niche site? Stuff like that.

Thanks!

Hi,

It really depends on your overall objective. Each page has their own goal.

1. Are you trying to rank high for the Search Engine? If yes, then you keep adding pages until you reach your desired position.

2. Are you providing information to convert your visitors into buyers? Then you add enough pages to answer their queries with a strong call to action in the end.

3. Are you trying to build an Authority Site? Then you need to keep adding pages on a constant basis. This is a never ending loop :)

4. Are you trying to do a landing page? Then one page is enough.

Are you having too many ideas currently? Maybe you want to start with one idea first, you will begin to form your own idea and know what you really want.

banners
Back