The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hotel Affiliate Program?

Maclover

affiliate
Hey hows it going, im wondering if someone could help me. My friends parents own a motel located next to Disney World in Florida. We were talking today and thought if we could design a site for the motel as well as add an Affiliate program. He is already with hotels.com but would like to create his own affiliate program for a site we have created for the motel. Okay here is how we want it to work.

Say you refer a person to the motel site and they then make a reservation. They make the reservation but you do not get the credit unless they stay at the motel. Would this work out? Say like a $15-20 commision per person/stay.

If so how would we go abouts doing this? I personally think it would be a great idea, but we would need something to keep track of the refferals, etc.

Thankyou!

HI Maclover,

Welcome to 5 Star.

One of our clients, Wynn Las Vegas, has an affiliate program. They've done millions in bookings through their affiliate program. It's set up to pay 0 for reservations and 3-10% on room sales. You may want to check out their program to get some ideas. The Wynn Las Vegas Affiliate Program

As far as tracking, Wynn is set up on Commission Junction (cj.com) which is a good move for large brands. But it costs around 5,000 to set up and is way more than what a smaller brand hotel would need. I suggest you set the program up on Shareasale. Info here.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

yea i was thinking that too, cj.com costs too much, and most likely wont focus on motels. As for shareasale, it looks like a great idea! im gonna read more into it right now, and $350 sounds good lol. Thanx! Hopefully it works out.

i just went and read what they offer, it all sounds good. I just hope they make a way where people only get paid when the customer stays at the motel. My friend doesnt even mind giving $15-$20 commision. Ah, lol i hope this works out, im gonna contact them when im free today.

Great Maclover. Glad to see you liked the recommendation.
Tell them Linda from 5 Star sent you. :)

I'm not certain how the tracking would work since the action has to be tracked online
from the affiliate site to your friends shopping cart. My GUESS is that you would set up the
online reservation as a $0 commission. That would tie the reservation to the referring affiliate.
Then you'd have to manually batch the actual sales after they paid for the room, back into the SAS interface to credit the affiliate. Not sure...

yea, i was actually thinking of something like that. Where someone reffers a customer to our site, they then make a reservation, but we do not give the refferer credit until they stay at the motel. A 10%-15% should be good considering their cheapest rates are $59.99+

Maclover, we have a ShareASale Forum. You might want to spend some time there reading all of the threads. It will give you a good idea as to how some of our members feel about Shareasale and it will also show you how Shareasale handles problems.

I will tell you that the owner of ShareAsale is a 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Forums member.

I will also tell you that Shareasale is very respected and is usually very highly recommended by people who have had experience with them.

Here is a link to our ShareASale Forum. You may want to ask some Shareasale questions in that forum if you should happen to have any http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/shareasale-forum/

banners
Back