The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Home page not being indexed anymore?

M

mgold

I have a site that I have been optimising endlessly for many years and for the past several years or so it has ranked really well. Around about a week ago Google lost interest in indexing the home page for most of the top keywords and decided to index one of the internal pages instead.

Would anyone happen to know what could have caused this please and how it can be changed back?

Last edited:
I just read that I need to remove disallow for all the pages I don't want indexed, wait until they disappear from search results, then add them back. Can I request that they are removed or do I need to wait for it to naturally happen? Do I remove them from the sitemap once they disappear? This is counterintuitive but maybe it is the answer to one of my problems.

free classified ads

We cant fix this problem, the reason is Google will changed the algorithm recently.. so that it will happen like this. I'm also analyzed this issues. (we are only thing this is issues, but this is not a issues. because this is current Google algorithm). this same problem happen to my targeted keywords. suddenly my all keywords are going down. now for those keywords optimizing & working in inner pages.

You could check in Google Webmaster tools if something changed, that is if you have it set up from before this happened.
Also it is possible that your inner page is better for some reason, did you changed anything to your home page or used a different SEO method that you have not used before?

check backlinks you have build for home page because Google implement new algo so may be that's the reason.

Often time your homepage may not have been unadapted for a while, but every time that you add content that particular page automatically get indexed. I would recommend you to ping your main domain name till it get crawled and indexed.

Being de-indexed either means that you have misconfigured your website so as to tell Google not to index it, or Google has just decided to de-index it. The first reaction to a de-indexing is to think of it as a Google punishment for suspected black-hatting. However, since Panda, other people have reported webpages disappearing from the Google index for a few days and then re-appearing. This might be your problem.

Google gives more priority to the content of the page.Your home page is not indexing.So, try to change the content of the home page.You also need to change it regularly to get noticed by the Google.It will help to get the indexing back.Also try to get more back links to improve the key word count for better indexing.

Like others have said, try checking your webmaster account ..

Have you been doing any black hat SEO? it might have been deindexed for that, but if you haven't then it's strange, make sure you have a sitemap and attach a high priority to the page and add the sitemap to your webmaster account.. update the page then fire some inbound links at it, maybe with social bookmarking sites so Google spiders find it :)

banners
Back