The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hiring: Trainee SEO in London - No experience necessary

Greenlight

affiliate
Greenlight - a leading UK SEM & SEO agency based in central London - is looking for bright young things with logical and analytical minds who can show some initiative and take pride in their work. We don’t expect you to know anything about SEO but a passion for and interest in the Internet is a must. Our ideal candidate will have an insatiable desire to learn and will suck up new skills and knowledge like a sponge - applicants looking for their first job are welcome.

Salary Range: 14-18k (Dependent on experience) + benefits

You should be a confident and effective communicator, able to convey complex ideas both verbally and in impeccable written English. In addition the following skills will come into play during the course of the job, so the more familiarity you have with these the better.

To apply, please email a covering letter and CV.

Web Skills

• HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
• PHP and ASP.
• Databases and server configuration.

Computing Skills

• Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
• Graphics packages such as Photoshop and Fireworks.

We are looking for graduates, preferably from a computing or marketing degree, but will certainly consider other degrees or non graduates if you can demonstrate suitability for the role.

About The Role
The role begins with a three month training program where you will gain on the job experience in a range of disciplines by working with some of the best SEO’s in the world on a number diverse and prestigious projects. By the end of the training period you will be well on your way to becoming a versatile and knowledgeable SEO consultant. The areas covered by this training program include:

• Performing extensive keyword, competitor and market analyses.
• How to identify and correct technical errors in the way a site is built or set up.
• On page search engine optimisation – content creation and optimisation, and how best to use HTML to a sites benefit.
• Identifying linkbuilding opportunities and how to gain links for a site.
• Results reporting and data analysis.
• Attending client meetings and making preparations for pitching for new business.
• Practical SEO and writing SEO recommendations.

After training it is our expectation that you will continue to flourish at Greenlight. You will benefit from continued guidance from the rest of the team as you move towards an SEO Consultant position and begin to carry out projects on your own.

About Greenlight
Greenlight is the premier search agency for ambitious & leading companies wanting to extend and cement their market position in their sector, and reap significant returns from their investment in search marketing. Employing over 40 people in our London office alone, our skilled teams of search engine marketers manage the optimization and search marketing for the websites of over 100 leading companies and organizations including FTSE, NASDAQ and NYSE listed companies, government divisions and leading interactive agencies, in some of the most competitive sectors of the web including Travel, Finance, Retail, Gaming, Real Estate, Price comparison, IT & technology, and Business Services.

This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team with some of the best SEO’s in the world and build a career in search.

To learn more about the company and our clients please visit Greenlight | A world leading Search Engine Marketing Agency.

Thanks for reading.

Adam
Senior SEO Consultant, Greenlight Marketing Ltd.

This sounds like an excellent and interesting opportunity. However, I believe the starting salary you are offering for the skills that are required is fairly low!

Though I do hope you find someone.

All the best Adam

Hi Vicdigi,

Thanks for your comment. There is ample opportunity to progress within Greenlight but to begin with the starting salary is in line with many graduate/first job opportunities in London and, if you re-read the post, you'll see I don't actually require any skills beyond the ability to communicate well.

Besides additional benefits not covered by salary, the salary also reflects the fact that the successful candidate will receive 3 months dedicated SEO training with one of the leading SEO agencies in the UK, representing a significant investment in the person and being something which, to paraphrase a Barclays ad, is priceless.

Kind regards,
Adam

Hi Dilpreet,

If you are resident in and can legally work in the UK then of course - drop me a PM or go to the Greenlight site for application details.

If not I'm afraid the timescales and role in question means Greenlight can't sponsor you in this case.

Very nice offer, however I am a swedish resident and not planning to move to UK any time soon, but I think this is a great opportunity for UK residents.

- Meti

I am interested but sadly I do not live near London. I'm from Scotland; is there any way I could get something similar through work online? Much appreciated.

I'm afraid not Steven.

This seems to have caused some confusion, so to make it clear, this is an on-location role in central London for UK residents eligible to work in the UK. Telecommuting is not an option for this position.

Apologies for the double post but I've received a number of PM's from individuals interested in the position that I am unable to reply to due to having a low post count. If this were my personal account I would happily post on the forum to take me past the 10 post limit, but this being the Greenlight account I'm afraid that's not possible.

Can I therefore ask that anyone looking to apply or wanting more information either drop me an email at:

adam [AT] greenlightsearch [DOT] com

...or include your email address in your PM so I can get back to you.

Much appreciated.

banners
Back