The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

hiding video folder

inquisitive

affiliate
hello

have done a simple video website page with dreamweaver and videos show as flv in the flash player.
if visitos right click the video they cannot copy it BUT BUT BUT...

if they choose to see 'viewsource', then the address to the video folder is there to see... and then can be selected and then the videos copied....

Q
is there a way of hiding this info? or hiding/encripting the folder so noone knows name address of vid folder... so cant be pinched

appreaciate any thoughts on method or other software etc that may help

cheers
Inq

If I were you I may restrict hotlinking of the flv fileextension at that folder.

noone can right click any of the vids on the website page... this is good.

where may i learn about preventin hotlinking... or see an example of how to do it? how to restrict/prevent it?

thanks
Inq

I may explain you how this works, but I rather redirect you to this fantastic tool. It will generate you the necessarry .htaccess file in accordance with your preferences.:)

yep great tool thanks... works tp prevent linking

......interestingly/annoyingly enough, we recently downloaded realtime player onto our computer and THEN noticed a major insight....
when we NOW have a look at our site and mouse over to play the video section... a new little POP UP sits at the top of each video (we didnt put it there on the website build, its appeared after downloading the realtime player)... It Says ''DOWNLOAD VIDEO'' and sure enough when you click it, it downloads the video from the source... further more it then asks if want to email to friend and if click 'YES' it just asks for friends email and sends vid copy there!
Do we as webbuilders and vid producers have to accept this... is there a way to protect/prevent downloads or is this the expected thing for visitors to websites?

cheers for thoughts
Inq

banners
Back