The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Hi.

Lumbros

I'm new to affiliate marketing. Been reading up on the basics, and trying to learn the lingo. Working on the first step now, picking a niche, I have a couple ideas but haven't done enough research first to figure out a solid pick.

I know how to buy domains, setup emails, make websites, write basic copy, and I have some artistic ability and ability to use photoshop at a basic to intermediate level.

My goal is to pick a niche, drive traffic to something?(not sure about all the hows right now, that's why I joined), make 5-10k a month at least within 3 months.

Hey Lumbros,

Sounds like you are on the right track, and you have plenty of skills that will come in handy.

One piece of advice I can give you is don't have too high expectations. I think most people do when they come in to affiliate marketing and they get discouraged if they're not making $10k/month within the first few months. It happened to me and I gave up before coming back later and getting successful.

If you're not sure on a niche try asking you affiliate manager for whats working on the network. You'll learn the most from testing.

Goodluck!

I don't have any expectations, but I do have a target goal.

I don't want to just aff something that I don't care about, I want to aff something that is worth something and will be around a while, not like some new fad weight loss thing or something but something that can become a staple/stable.

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix, @Lumbros !

I know how to buy domains, setup emails, make websites, write basic copy, and I have some artistic ability and ability to use photoshop at a basic to intermediate level.

That's great, having those skills will help you a lot in this industry.

drive traffic to something?(not sure about all the hows right now, that's why I joined)

Do you know yet what kind of traffic you want to learn about?

Email Marketing
Pay Per Click
Social Media
Display Media Buying

Something else?

My goal is to ... make 5-10k a month at least within 3 months.

An ambitious goal! Not impossible, I suppose but it's going to take some serious work, dedication, learning and action. You will likely need to use paid traffic because it's faster, so an investment will be necessary. It will be exciting to watch you accomplish this!

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums!

Hello Lumbros, welcome to the club. All things adult let us know. [Removed so I can post] has a great program and rewards affiliates.

I am curious about adult, but not sure about it, I don't know enough about it. Seems it would be very competitive, but with so much free content, are people even paying for anything besides like penis pills or dating or something?

Hello and welcome to AffiliateFix, @Lumbros !

That's great, having those skills will help you a lot in this industry.

Do you know yet what kind of traffic you want to learn about?

Email Marketing
Pay Per Click
Social Media
Display Media Buying

Something else?

An ambitious goal! Not impossible, I suppose but it's going to take some serious work, dedication, learning and action. You will likely need to use paid traffic because it's faster, so an investment will be necessary. It will be exciting to watch you accomplish this!

Anytime you have a question, need help, or want to share some good information, just start a thread to let us know.

Enjoy the forums!

I'm thinking CPA.. or Direct Sales..

I'm also writing some books which I will turn into audio and video and maybe webinar content, that's partly why I'm doing this, I will use what I learn to market my own content and therefore cut out all middle men.

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it. I do not think my goal is ambitious or unrealistic at all, if someone else can make a million a month, I sure can make a measly 10k a month or more.

I am curious about adult, but not sure about it, I don't know enough about it. Seems it would be very competitive, but with so much free content, are people even paying for anything besides like penis pills or dating or something?

lets talk on skype: xlovecash however there is still a market for adult paid and free.

lets talk on skype: xlovecash however there is still a market for adult paid and free.

Please give me a little time to get into this whole aff thing first, then I'll entertain your offer, need to integrate all the basic knowledge over the next week or so until I have it all memorized then I can start to make some action choices.

EDIT: Sent you a PM with a few questions.

Last edited:
I'm thinking CPA
Please give me a little time to get into this whole aff thing first, then I'll entertain your offer, need to integrate all the basic knowledge over the next week or so until I have it all memorized then I can start to make some action choices.

These are the basic knowledge threads that I recommend to newbies to the industry:

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Newbie Helpdesk

Thanks for the support

You're welcome! :D

I do not think my goal is ambitious or unrealistic at all, if someone else can make a million a month, I sure can make a measly 10k a month or more.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that it's impossible, at all. And you are right that if someone else can do a million, you can definitely do 10K/month. However, I don't think they started making that kind of money within three months. That's why I used the word ambitious. Also why it will be exciting watching you accomplish your goal!

We're a family here. When one of our own has a success, we celebrate it. When they need help or encouragement, we offer it. It's just how we roll. :)

These are the basic knowledge threads that I recommend to newbies to the industry:

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)
Newbie Helpdesk

You're welcome! :D

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that it's impossible, at all. And you are right that if someone else can do a million, you can definitely do 10K/month. However, I don't think they started making that kind of money within three months. That's why I used the word ambitious. Also why it will be exciting watching you accomplish your goal!

We're a family here. When one of our own has a success, we celebrate it. When they need help or encouragement, we offer it. It's just how we roll. :)

Thank you. I've already gone through the "START HERE", first thing I did when I signed up. I understand all the concepts, just not experienced with implementation and details/specifics. Haven't checked out the newbie helpdesk yet, I will. I've been talking to the man from xlovecash, seems like a good offer, but I don't know enough to make a choice about it yet.

Not sure if I'll be making that much in 3 months, but I hope to at least be making 1k a week at the end of 3 months.. my goal is to have that by April.

my goal is to have that by April.

We'll be your cheerleaders!
200w.gif

banners
Back