The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hi! Noob suffering info overload..

richib

affiliate
Hi! :) Hoping to ease the learning curve with some pearls of wisdom from my peers and fellow noobs. So far i've made some basic progress and have a decent understanding of what is involved. My writing skills are improving slowly as I watch my view counter at EzineArticles go steadily up...:) Have also made some catastrophic boo boos :eek: (mostly with html :eek:) Failing is learning as they say....

Hi richib,

Welcome to 5 Star. Thanks for joining us.

Yes it's true. Failure is the fastest way to success in this business, so congrats, you are on your way! :)

If you haven't yet, read all the newbie stickies to find out mistakes to avoid as well as good ideas to try. Lots of nuggets of wisdom there.

Hi! :) Hoping to ease the learning curve with some pearls of wisdom from my peers and fellow noobs. So far i've made some basic progress and have a decent understanding of what is involved. My writing skills are improving slowly as I watch my view counter at EzineArticles go steadily up...:) Have also made some catastrophic boo boos :eek: (mostly with html :eek:) Failing is learning as they say....

Failing isn't failing...it's just another way you've found not to do something. :cool:

Thomas Edison "failed" to create a working light bulb over 1000 times...before he finally built the one that worked. While you may or may not be inventing the next light bulb...once you succeed...you will have eclipsed the 90% who give up before that success.

Failing is learning as they say....

It's also called "break it til it works". Your post reminded me of my very first real "day" of affiliate marketing work. I had been reading and researching and finally came the day to make the site go live. As I think about it, I realize it would make a great "I Love Lucy" episode.

Good journey!

whats important is that your making progress. what i did for information overload though, was to stop trying to read everything at once. I started with a method and broke it down.
e.g market research comes first, so i dont read anything that doesnt A: have to do with enhancing my market research, or B: isn't something actionable. and once ive chosen my market i search for everything on "the next step."

definately helped me stay focused, there are so many ways to make money online and its easy to get pulled in a million directions.

MI
Back