The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hi! My name is Kirstin, I'd like to introduce myself

zerrlander

Hello,

My name is Kirstin, I am in charge of Affiliate Sales for RevenueGateway.com.

Revenue Gateway is a very well known and trusted Affiliate Network focused on giving it's affiliates the best network from top quality advertisers online. We can beat any current promotion you are offering. Check out our latest offers at Revenue Gateway. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I can provide you with a referral link to ensure that you get access to our latest offers. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. My contact information is shown below. I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Welcome to the forums Kirstin,
I hope you find it helpful and informative. Everyone here is quite friendly, especially Linda.

As an aside, your introduction reads like a promotional/recruiting letter instead of actual introduction. Who's reply are you looking forward to, and in response to what?

~ Teli

Teli said:
Welcome to the forums Kirstin,
I hope you find it helpful and informative. Everyone here is quite friendly, especially Linda.

As an aside, your introduction reads like a promotional/recruiting letter instead of actual introduction. Who's reply are you looking forward to, and in response to what?

~ Teli

Hi and thanks for your input. I'm new to this and the last thing I want to do is to post the wrong thing. Any suggestions you may have on introducing myself on other message boards would be appreciated. I just want people to get to know me and learn what I have to offer.

Hi Linda and thanks for your reply. As you know, I am new to this. Is there any advice you could offer me regarding the message boards? I'd really appreciate it, I'm learning here. I certainly do not want to be known as a 'parasite.' I can only speak for Revenue Gateway and there are many happy clients using our service. I would like people to get to know me and what I/we have to offer. Is there a different area I should be posting in? Any suggestions? I appreciate your time. Thanks again, Kirstin.

Hi Kirsten,

Thanks for coming back to post even though I was pretty negative. Its obvious you are new and want to learn. Some of the other forums you posted at with literally tear you to shread for partnering with SAHS so I was gentle believe it or not.

You posted in the right forum and did a nice intro. It was the person from your company that posted earlier today that posted in my private forum reserved only for my clients. The parasite comment was not directed at you personally, but at a company you partner with that is reputed to steal commissions from the rightful honest affiliate that should have been compensated. Some forums, especially this one believe in marketing with integrity are against parasites that steal commission from others.

You have a lot to learn about this industry but have shown that you are open and willing to learn. Kudos for coming back to face the music and address the comments.

zerrlander said:
Hi and thanks for your input. I'm new to this and the last thing I want to do is to post the wrong thing. Any suggestions you may have on introducing myself on other message boards would be appreciated.

Hi again Kirstin,
We were all new at one time, so no worries. :D

When I read introductions in forums, I like to see who the person behind the username is and what her intentions are. It's always nice for an introduction to read like a real person who is off the clock, has her hair down, and feet up.

Of course, this would vary depending on the forum you're posting to and why you're posting. Linda offered some great advice in the link she provided - lurk first, then post. When you read a few entries on the forum, you can get a feel for the atmosphere and your posts can follow suit.

As an example, I'll post my own thought process when I read your introduction (and this is only my own opinion...)

Hello,

My name is Kirstin, I am in charge of Affiliate Sales for RevenueGateway.com.

Teli's thought process: Hi Kirstin, welcome. In charge of Affiliate Sales? Hmmm, that sounds like a pretty interesting job. I wonder what her job is like, whether it allows her growth, and whether she enjoys it.

Revenue Gateway is a very well known and trusted Affiliate Network focused on giving it's affiliates the best network from top quality advertisers online. We can beat any current promotion you are offering. Check out our latest offers at Revenue Gateway.

Teli's thought process: Okay, so I know a little more about Revenue Gateway, but what about Kirstin? I wonder if she's just trying to recruit people here or if she's really here to participate.

Revenue Gateway may very well be a great affiliate network, but last time I checked, this is the introduction section where we can get to learn a little more about the individuals and their goals...

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I can provide you with a referral link to ensure that you get access to our latest offers. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. My contact information is shown below. I look forward to your reply.

Teli's thought process: I think she is trying to recruit people. I wonder if she'll actually be back or if she's just a drive-by poster like her Revenue Gateway predecessor.

By the way, I'm very glad to see you're not just a drive-by poster. :)

If your intention is to recruit more affiliates, say so. If your intention is to garner feedback about your network, say so. And don't forget to throw in a dash of your personality too.

I really commend you for coming back and "facing the music" as Linda puts it :D

Hope that helps out,
~ Teli

Thanks for your feedback Linda. I'll try my best to follow the rules on the message boards. I'm not too sure what I can say or not say at this point. All I've been doing is trying to introduce myself today and I'm getting bombarded with e-mails. Nature of the learning process I guess. I'll remove the affiliate links and such, as I see that's a big no-no amongst the communities. I am extremely credible and hope to not come across as anything but. Thanks for your help, Kirstin.

Thanks very much for your insight. This helps a lot. Baby steps ... then post. Talk about the company, a little bit about me, then specifically what we have to offer. I guess I was trying to put everything all into one posting. Next time I'll post a line or two and build on it from there. Thanks again for your time ... much appreciated, Kirstin.

MI
Back