The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hi Everyone - Glad I Found You

djaco99

Hi! My name is Debbie and I started my first website last September after months of studying Ken Envoy's material as well as Rosalind Gardner's Super Affiliate Handbook. I'm just now starting to see a bit of income from this site and am now ready to learn more and hopefully put up a few more sites this year. I've been checking out Affiliate Classroom and that's how I found this forum - which is great, I must say! I'm hoping that by joining Affiliate Classroom and by becoming a regular here I can learn enough from the "masters" to also become a successful affiliate marketer.

I'm an IT Manager by day and a "wanna-be" affiliate marketer by night, averaging 12-20 hours a week on development of my site and learning more about this business. My goal is that within 3 years I can quit my day job and be a full time internet marketer - is this realistic?

I have so many questions to ask, I can't wait to start posting - you all seem like such nice people, and have so much knowledge! Hopefully I will have something of value I can share with you as well. Thanks for this forum - I love it!

It's certainly not impossible to do within 3 years. I've been a work at home mom for 3-1/2 years, first as a medical transcriptionist, but 2-1/2 years ago I started my first affiliate site. I quit medical transcription just about a year ago. Now, your income needs may be higher, but you're putting in a good number of hours each week.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. That's encouraging news. May I ask how many affiliate websites you have? From what I've read, some say 30 sites will provide a decent income, and others say you need hundreds. Also, do you have all your sites with the same hosting provider or a few different ones?

Hi Debbie,

Sorry I didn't get to welcome you right away. Left town to see my adorable little baby grand daughter.

So glad you like the forum. We attract really helpful positive people, so it's the members and mods that make this place great! We hope you learn a lot here and that we can help you be super successful in reaching your goals.

Steph must be busy with the kids. She will probably be back soon to answer.

The number of sites really varies. If you are really good at generating traffic and pick the right topics I imagine you could make money with just a few sites. I know lots of affiliate that have tons of sites and many of their sites are losers but a handful are winners. I guess like any biz it's a numbers game to some degree. Just need to find the best ways to optimize your chances of winning, based on your style and skills.

Linda Buquet said:
Hi Debbie,

Sorry I didn't get to welcome you right away. Left town to see my adorable little baby grand daughter.

So glad you like the forum. We attract really helpful positive people, so it's the members and mods that make this place great! We hope you learn a lot here and that we can help you be super successful in reaching your goals.

Steph must be busy with the kids. She will probably be back soon to answer.

The number of sites really varies. If you are really good at generating traffic and pick the right topics I imagine you could make money with just a few sites. I know lots of affiliate that have tons of sites and many of their sites are losers but a handful are winners. I guess like any biz it's a numbers game to some degree. Just need to find the best ways to optimize your chances of winning, based on your style and skills.

Thanks Linda. Glad to "meet" you, and thanks for your comments on number of sites. I'm looking forward to building up an affiliate marketing business and taking control of my own destiny. This site really gives me the encouragement and motivation to keep on working at it!!!!

MI
Back