Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hey! I miss you. Come back.

Luke

Service Manager
Service Manager
FPTraffic
Have you seen this banner?​

The answer, more than likely, is yes. It's likely that you have seen it multiple times over the past year and that's because over a year ago I started my "Retargeting Experiment" and since then that banner has been viewed 1,347,898 times.

Well, has it been worth it? I was looking over the numbers tonight and I'm not really sure. I know from my stats that I have gotten some email subscribers and it's likely that I have made some money from those subscribers, but I doubt I made back what I spent in advertising. However, if you look at the bigger picture, the retargeting wasn't really to acquire new subscribers. No, the primary reason I kept the ad running is because of the branding.

If you've been to my blog, follow me on Twitter, or have read my posts on here then you know I use my caricature on everything. My caricature is my brand. By throwing it in your face constantly I'm hopeful that it keeps my blog and myself in the back of your mind on a regular basis. That way you not only go back to my blog, but you also check for our new offers on PeerFly, head over to affposts for the latest affiliate marketing news, login to your FPTraffic account, or worst case scenario come see what I'm posting here on AffiliateFix :)

So, my question to you is...has it been worth my money?

Yes, I have seen this a thousand times, lol. Just haven't had a chance to tell you that I miss you too!

As an irregular reader/user it's kinda hard to say if this has had an direct effect on me. I don't recall ever clicking on this ad and I don't think it has significantly affected my behavior either. Maybe it has affected me unconsciously, but then again maybe not as much. Your activity on forums does a better job branding IMO. Could be that retargeting works out to reach different kind of people, though.

Worth it or not? Difficult to say.

Last edited:
Personally only seen it once when I told you - that was a year ago I think.

Can I ask for some costs etc? Has it been financially worth while?

Yes, I have seen this a thousand times, lol. Just haven't had a chance to tell you that I miss you too!

As an irregular reader/user it's kinda hard to say if this has had an direct effect on me. I don't recall ever clicking on this ad and I don't think it has significantly affected my behavior either. Maybe it has affected me unconsciously, but then again maybe not as much. Your activity on forums does a better job branding IMO. Could be that retargeting works out to reach different kind of people, though.

Worth it or not? Difficult to say.
Thanks for the insight. One of the great things about the million plus views is that I didn't have to pay for most of them. It's a PPC campaign :)
Personally only seen it once when I told you - that was a year ago I think.

Can I ask for some costs etc? Has it been financially worth while?
As I mentioned in my original post, I'm not really sure if it's been financially worth it. I don't think I've made back the money I've spent directly, but indirectly through just putting my caricature in front of your face it may have paid off. Not really sure.

I saw it a few times earlier in the year but it's been a while now. As you mention the end value totally depends on your goal, no doubt your caricature has remained in peoples minds throughout this period, were there any significant increases in traffic of existing visitors utilizing this method? I guess the CTRs stacked up to keep it running a year.

P.S. Appreciate the update, retargeting is still new to me so always great to hear how these things pan out.

I've never seen it before, which probably means you promoted it on fb?

Seems like a great branding move, though. Your caricature is distinctive, people would recognize it when they saw it again.

Worthwhile? I don't see why not. Isn't the initial point of branding, awareness and trust-building? Everything else stems from there, doesn't it? I'm open to someone correcting me if I'm wrong.

By the way, with a head that much bigger than your body, you must be carrying around a ton of brains! :)

Without knowing how much it cost you, but you said its fairly cheap I would come to the conclusion that retargeting would have been worth it. Because you are running PPC you are getting your brand out there without having to pay much for it. Of course this depends on your end goal..

So what was spent and how many views/clicks did you receive in return man?

banners
Back