The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help with product to promote on blog

kaymeis

hi,
I'm writing a blog on laptop maintenance. I'm also promoting a digital course which teaches users how to fix laptops? Now I'm not so sure it's the appropriate product for a laptop maintenance blog. What do you think?

That sounds like a good fit.

But don't forget about physical products too. Laptop mice, stands and other notebook accessories.

It is a good fit but if laptop maintenance is your main keyword, its going to be tough competing for 1# page results.

Obstacles that stand in your way

1. 174,00 results
  2. wikihow site
  3. ezinearticles
  4. articlesbase
  5. ehow site
  6. Domain using laptopmaintenance

You may still be able to rank but further research is needed.
You can go to this site SEMRush - service for competitors research, shows Google organic and AdWords keywords for any site or domain and type the urls of the 1# page into the search field and it will show you what keywords they are ranking for

Hi Kaymeis

Your laptop maintenance idea sounds interesting. I've read through the posts here and the advice sounds good to me. It's pretty easy to set up a Amazon affiliate account and you should be able to monetize your site with relevant products from them. Amazon will give you commission on any product a customer that comes through you purchases, not just the ones you're promoting.

Also, check out the Wordtracker, free 7 day trail to investigate hidden micro niches within the laptop maintenance niche. The tool is amazing as it has a KEI (keyword effectiveness index) function that will show you untapped keyword phrases.

One note: Just bail out of the Wordtracker trial on time or it'll cost you $70 for the first month.

banners
Back