The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help with keywords

clunks

affiliate
Ok guys here is where I am at.

I have identified the niche that i want to attack (whether its a profitable niche is not massively important to me at this stage - its a niche that i am knowledgeble and passionate about and at this stage I want to get out there and put the system to the test)

I am using potpiegirls method where you write an article using keywords on this niche post on ezines and link to a .info website which redirects to your affiliate link. I have acquired the .info website and am ready to rock.

This method seems easy and allows me to 'get started' and take action, my first action in affiliate marketing.

One problem in her method is she recommends using a Wealthy Affiliate Keyword system to generate a volume of targetted keywords in order to write articles that should generate traffic to my affiliate link.

I dont want to pay the $97 a month fee for wealthy affilliate at the moment. My main problem is there are tonnes of keyword systems out there at the moment each with conflicting and complementing information, otherwise known as information overload. I know I could search this site and use the wealth of information to get me started (and there is a wealth of information - too much for a confused newbie like me)

Does anyone have a method for generating keywords that has a chance of generating traffic that is getting searches but not overwhelmed with competition that a newbie can have a good bash at without being to complicated and massively involved to follow.

Again I appreciate your help in advance and I know that if I am having this problem there are many like me and your advice will help many.

All that's really necessary is the free Google Adwords keyword tool. You can export all the keywords you find or just the ones you select into a text or spreadsheet file. There are other options such as Market Samurai (a one-time payment) or NicheBot (about $42 for 3 months), but just for starters, you probably don't need them just to get your feet wet.

Yes, I think I know Exactly what your looking for...

And it's called the KEI which stands for the Keyword Effectiveness Index...

I actually started to use this on my own before I found out that there was an actual term for it.

Basically you divide the number of monthly searches into the Number of competing Sites which gives you a ratio.

When you compare the ratios of all of your keywords, the keywords with the highest ratios will be the best choices...

A detailed explanation of this can be found here www[dot]taknique.com/blog/2008/11/04/how-to-choose-the-right-keyword-using-keyword-effectiveness-index-formula-kei/

P.S. make sure to replace the [dot] with .
Hope this helps...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Google Keywords tool is an excellent free tool that I use a lot.

To check out how much serious competition you have for a keyword or keyword phrase, ie those that have the exact keyword phrase in the title tag, type the following into Google:

allintitle: "keyword"

banners
Back