The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help with finding a niche (sports field)

Adammo

affiliate
Hi all,

I'm a sports fan through and through but don't play many anymore. I really wanted to do a site on jerseys but am running into a few problems:

1- there are not a huge amount of searches
2- the competition seems fearce unless you go down to the player level
3- it is very hard to describe a jersey in a different way for each player without duplicating content.

I have thought about doing a sports equipment site but have a tough time with that as well since I haven't played in so long and haver kept up with the technology. I want to sound intelligent in my articles and not spammy.

So anyways just looking to be "pointed in the right direction". I'm trying to figure out if it would be worthwhile to do a site compltly unrelated to jersys or apparel and add in links to them after my articles.

Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Adammo,

If its something you have good knowledge on go for it! That is an advantage itself, make sure to do good keyword research tho. Use the google keywords tool , go for a long tail keyword, that has atleast 2000 search and less than 60,000 t0 80,000 in competition.

Aim for keywords that have a high level of searches and a low amount of competition.

As for article writing try not to make them anymore than 400 words, I find the best responses are in between 250 - 300 words, this is if you are submitting to article directories.

I know you don't want to come of as spammy, but you will have to have a sales element to your articles if you want sell a product. If it is just a long winded article formatted in a big block text it will put readers of.

Try to avoid writing it like a newspaper, you want your articles to connect emotionally to the reader. Use two line paragraphs and cleverly bold important points.

Give them a reason to click on your link instead of just sticking it at the end of your article.

i.e. These are Jerseys only available at this website click here ...

Give your articles the valuable content you want, but format them as a sales page, particularly when submitting to article directories.

Hope this helped :)

MI
Back