The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Help Ripping a blog for my dummy site

MrGreen

affiliate
Hello
(Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask this )
Roasting is welcomed as well

Im triying to mirror a site using httrack so i can use it as dummy site for cloaker.

the issue is every time i do that it loses some of the formating.

as an example, the site zenhabits.net

QQV4Ep7l.png

after ripped and uploaded becomes this

WcGP2FAl.png

locally the file looks fine. It's only when uploaded that I get issues.

TIA!!!

If it looks fine locally, that means most likely your css files were not uploaded correctly. Beyond that, if you check and everything is correct, you need to take a look at the console and debug panels in developer tools (in FF or chrome) while looking at your online version. Usually a poorly linked CSS will show in the console as an error.

You guys are correct it looks like all the sites Im getting have js and css that is not copied by httrack.

is there a simple way to look for websites that don't contain that? im just looking for a site to scrape so I can upload on my domain. I feel like this should have been a 10 min task and it has turned into a 1 week task.

Wordpress sites seem to be a no go.

Went on fivrr and everyone there seems to be out to get you for a lot of money just to mirror a site.

If it seems exceptional regionally, that means maximum possibly your case documents were now not uploaded successfully. Beyond that, if you take a look at and the whole thing is accurate, you need to test the console and debug panels in developer tools (in FF or Chrome) whilst looking at your online version. Usually, a poorly connected CSS will display within the console as errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot (easily) mirror a WordPress website that way for the reason it is not a static website. The content is queried dynamically from a database.
You would have to replicate many pages -- most of the content is server side PHP.

MI
Back