The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help please

Leon A

affiliate
I'm looking for a great host provider. I don't have any money to start my business. where can I find a account and a domain name for free. Just until I get on my feet.

I'm not familiar with anywhere you can get a free domain name. But they are less than $10 per year at godaddy and a but less at netfirms and namecheap. I've found the client service to be better at godaddy - worth the $2 per year, IMO.

You can get a free "host" - really, it's more like space on some else's account - on blogger and wordpress. BUT there are limitations and disadvantages. I'm sure others can explain that better than I can as I've never used that option.

For your own hosting account, you can get it cheap. I think hostgator still offers an option that is less than $5 per month. Hatchling, I think they call it. You can upgrade anytime to their baby account, which is like $10 per month.

Bluehost is another host that is recommended quite often, so compare their prices.

Coincidentally, I just read a blog post by Lynn Terry that included and explained coupon codes for hostgator. Good News: Hosting Just Got Cheaper!. (these do have affiliate links for Lynn, but not me.)

I know it seems tough to accept paying for something before you have income. But $10/ year for a domain and $5-10/month for hosting multiple domains is a pretty small investment too start a business. And no contract, so you are not super-glued to anything.

Lots for you to think about. Let us know what you decide.

Hi Leon,
You can try Domain Tools, I heard they are providing old domains.

All firms that sell domain names will sell an old domain IF IT IS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE (i.e. not already owned by somebody else). They will then charge you about $10 a year to register the name. (domaintools.com charge $8.75)

I only glanced at this site, but it bothered me a bit that they are charging membership fees for searches which I believe are free at many other sites. They will also alert you if one of the domain names you are anxious to buy becomes available, if you pay for a membership. Again, that's an avoidable cost.

Especially considering that Google's new intent is to decrease the value of those domains that include keywords.

I think you can also use weebly but just like other sites like wordpress, blogger and blogs it is also has limitations.

You can owned a domain for as low as 9$ a year, but for the hosting or if you want to add template its a different story.

All the best..:)

MI
Back