The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help! How important is EPC?

IMsights

Would you promote an offer that has almost $0.00 EPC?

I have a target market in mind and have decided what kind of offer/niche that I'm going to promote. The niche demographic is not a full match to the market so I will do pre-selling/use an angle.

I found an offer in that niche that is the closest possible to the market, but the EPC is $0.00. In another network, the same offer has $0.01 EPC. Is this a tell-tale sign that it's not a good offer? Should I just go with other offer?

I would suggest checking with your AM to see how it is performing. The 0 EPC could be because it is not converting or could simply be because no one has run it. If you have an idea in mind, speak to your AM but don't let the low EPC discourage you. Set a budget and test it out. With whatever angle you've got, it may work.

Yes I wouldn't worry to much about the EPC stats unless you know what you want to push and it's between 2 offers....even then the only true way to see if it converts for your traffic is to test it!

Solid advice above...

Doesn't mean its accurate and even if it is, it doesn't mean you can't achieve a solid EPC.

Always worth a test as it may turn out to be a winner, if not, on to the next one!!

Thank you all for your advice! :) I'm going to test this against a ClickBank offer in the same niche to see which one appeals more to my target market.

Thank you all for your advice! :) I'm going to test this against a ClickBank offer in the same niche to see which one appeals more to my target market.

Sounds good mate, let us know how you get on and what the results show.

just because an offer has 0.00 EPC doesn't mean that it is not a good offer. there may just not be a big interest in it right then or maybe it is a new offer and hasn't had a chance to run. I would give any offer a chance and look at conversion rates. certain types of offers have typical conversion and click through rates. Get with your AM for this because it might differ for each network but not by much. if you run two offers from different networks and one has a much larger conversion rate, you may be getting shaved. Some networks do this, even though I don't agree with the practice.

The takeaway: Don't judge a book by the cover. We are constantly adding offers so we will have many great offers with 0.00 EPC

banners
Back