The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hello! :) I got scammed by a merchant! :(

affiliatenightmare

affiliate
Hey guys,

I literally had no idea there are forums that I could be in touch with people with similar interests. I think the nightmare situation I'm having is good that I found this forum! I hope to connect with some of you, like a mastermind, and help each other. I live in New York, and been doing affiliate marketing for the last 4 years.

My nightmare affiliate situation is this:

One of the merchants just returned every single purchase yesterday, all of them (17 items - $1220 commissions). And they also deleted their account on the affiliate program (RewardStyle > which was pulling the links from ShareaSale).

I'm getting scammed by this merchant, but there has to be something the Rewardstyle is responsible for. Right?

I want to ruin this merchant (my feelings), make videos, articles, to showcase their true face, whom I loved their products a lot :(
But I know I have other productive things to spend my time on.
What are your thoughts on this? What would you do if your merchant whom you're promoting and keep selling, months later, just before getting paid, returns-voids, etc...?

It's just, is this true, that a merchant can click "return" and then they get back the commission that easy? Rewardstyle said the customers returned products. (Their return policy is 30 days, so it's impossible they really returned them, I asked them to get proof of that and should protect their publishers).

Is there any lawyer who can do something about it?
Should I make it public to showcase how they scam affiliate marketers and publishers?

I appreciate you and your time,
P.S what do you think about using names and websites here? is it better to be anonymous? I'd love to connect other New Yorkers, and till the quarantine gets better, we can do video chats on our productivity, goal settings, creativity, etc..

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 5.38.29 PM.png

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
This is an introduction thread -- the admins can move this to the Disputes and Resolutions Share-a-sale is not active here.
You are welcome to communicate with other affiliates here and discuss the current business climate, share data and ideas, etc.

banners
Back