The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello, I finally get it!

DesignST

I starting building websites way back when Geocities first started. :p I finally purchased my own domain in the 90's sometime (for $50!) and had a vintage reseller site. Just as an attempt to add more related content, I put my first Amazon Associate links on, made a few sales (when the rate was 15%!!), but very soon after redesigned the site, life changed, didn't add the associate links again, and abandon it all for awhile.

What was I thinking? I should have just left associate links up while I did other things in my life.

Anyway, I just resigned from a 15 year career with the airlines and I am trying to build business in website design and a couple of vintage reseller sites. A few days ago when I was too busy to add new items, I decided to add some Amazon Associate links to my sites just for a content change until I had more time to devote. I've already made 6 sales from spur-of-the-moment product links, so I think I'm going to pursue this a bit more and I hope to learn a lot from all of you on this forum. :)

Welcome to 5 Star, DesignST.

That was a very interesting introduction.

Thanks for becoming a 5 Star member. You should be able to learn a few things from being a member. There are lots of very smart people among our membership and they are very helpful, and very friendly.

Explore and read some of what is here. Ask questions whenever you have any.

Since you mentioned Amazon, you might have noticed that we have an Amazon forum http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57

Hi DesignST,

Welcome to 5 Star. So great to hear about your new found success and what sounds like a commitment to continue to try. Work this biz like a biz and the money should follow.

MI
Back