The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hello from Lvdms

Lvdms

affiliate
Hello, I'm new to CPA but have a genuine interest. I also have a slight dilemma and maybe I can get some guidance or advice.

I purchased an existing website and domain that sells eBooks. I don't know if I can mention the URL so I'll leave that anonymous for now. The site is a pr2 and gets a steady 60 uniques per day (genuine) traffic. I have google analytics and also can see through my hosting stats that they are real hits. My problem is that the previous owner has done something that I cannot figure out and it has not sold an ebook since I took it over.

Also to learn and maintain the shopping cart I will need to buy a monthly membership to the shopping cart company for any tutorials or help resources. I'm pretty sure I can keep the traffic going until I decide what to do with this. I'm a newbie to CPA in all aspects of the word, but I'm hoping that I may be able to capture the traffic and use CPA to at least get some money out of this bad deal I made. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

My stats show that 90% of all traffic is directed to my home page since the products are all php id's. The order history in the control panel shows a steady income growth every month for the last year. But on Aug. 8, which is about one week prior to when I purchased the site, all orders completely stopped.

I can only assume he shut down his shopping cart. I have sent numerous emails to him for assistance on how to recover the orders and how to use the shopping cart features, and all have gone unanswered, so I'm on my own.

My thoughts are if I can create a CPA landing page then I can at least make a few sales rather than loose all my traffic. Just throwing this idea out there?

Hi there, welcome to the forum :)

As for your dilemma if you bought the site based on the figures and expected it to be making sales were you not told you would need the shopping cart software?

1) If your plans are to run the site as is, does it not make sense just to just purchase the software? or is this not an option at the moment?
2) If you are going to change the use of the site you could do as mentioned and create a landing page and link it do digital products and/or an Amazon feed (or similar)

What are your goals with the site?

Before I bought the site I made it very clear to the previous owner I would need his help in order to keep it running successfully and offered an incentive bonus to him for his help and he gave me his agreement. But as soon as the site was transferred over to my hosting he blew off any further communication with me.

What I plan on doing is to just keep working on the traffic and build on that and just do some trial and error until I can discover what gets it selling again. And eventually I'll figure out this shopping cart out as well. I need to keep learning more about CPA because I think I can incorporate that into my site but I'm not quite sure how, as a newbie.

I thought I could trust the person behind the sale, he had a website that showed a steady growth month after month and gave me his word he would continue to help me, but I learned a hard lesson and will remember this. And thanks to all for your advice. Maybe all I wanted was just a platform for venting my frustration.

MI
Back