“mobile”/ paypertrail
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Vote for the DOJO!

Guest,

The Dojo is coming back and in a big way.

We need all of you to help decide whether to keep the honored and timeless name as it is, "The DOJO", or change it to something new. VOTE NOW, CLICK NOW for the Dojo Name.

The AffiliateFix Team

Hello Fellow Affiliate Marketers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by adamc, Aug 21, 2006.

1. adamc

adamc Affiliate affiliate

Just wanted to take a brief moment to introduce myself. I stumbled across this site, got to reading, and liked what I saw.....

Look forward to reading and gaining more valuable insight, along with dropping some of my thoughts in as well.

Adam

2. CPA Evolution
  3. Larwee

Larwee <b><font size=2>In Memoriam - Loyal Administrator< affiliate

Welcome to 5 Star, adamc. How are things in Kansas City?

I am glad you stumbled across us and that you liked what you saw. This could end up being a very good resource for you.

I hope you will continue to explore and enjoy the site. Please ask questions whenever you have any and post your contributions whenever you have any.

4. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet Affiliate affiliate

WARNING TO ALL ABOUT THAT NETWORK

Hi Adam,

Welcome to 5 Star but not sure you will be glad you joined.
    Affiliates ALWAYS need to do their due diligence before joining any network.
    The following info is designed as a heads up and not a direct accusation, because I don't know for sure.

Excuse me while I put you on the hot seat as I often do to networks that post here. Vtarget is owned by Virtumundo? According to Google there have been reports of V spreading Spyware, Adware, andSpam.

Not accusing YOU personally or your network of wrong doing. Just asking the quesion and alerting our affiliates to the background of the company you are backed by if indeed it's the same one. Does V offer any type of downloads? Does Vtarget? If so I will need to remove this free ad. Please let us know.

According to Google has has problems with Spyware and lawsuits.
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B2GGGL_enUS176&q=Virtumundo+spyware

Proceed with caution. Again I'm not sayng this company is bad, just pointing out some links that should be investigated before joining.

In your defense I did notice this page about the spyware allegations against your parent company. http://privacy.virtumundo.com/spyware_issues.html

Adam if you have anything to say to refute this, please do.

5. adamc

Thanks Lawree. Things are great in KC, thanks for asking. Hope all is well in St. Louis!!

Hi Lynda,

I completely agree. All affiliates should know everything about a network before joining, which is why I'm happy to respond to this.

Bottom Line: The company you referred to is NOT us. It is a South American Company with the name of Virtumonde that we have NO affiliation with whatsoever. Because of the similar names, there has been some confusion on this matter and we have been falsely accused.

Virtumundo is a completely ethical organization and takes remarks about the company's standards and practices very seriously. We do not provide any spyware/download programs, nor do we allow any affiliates into our network who do. While I wish you wouldn't have taken an accusatory swing to start this conversation, I understand the service you provide to your affiliates and to this forum.

I hope this sets the record straight for everyone involved and I would like nothing more than to get to know everyone on the forum. If need further information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
    Adam

6. Larwee

I see that Shawn Collins had something nice to say about Virtumundo and mentions your name.

7. Larwee

I did a search for Virtumonde because of what you said about the similar names and a lot more did come up for it in relation to spyware etc. Well over a million results.

I am assuming you are saying that the similar names and spelling errors have associated you with them in connection to spyware. Is that correct?

Here is a link to the Virtumonde search results http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=Virtumonde

8. adamc

Larwee,

Yes, exactly. With such similar names, we have been wrongly suited as this company and their spyware tactics. We pride ourselves on the quality permission based database we have acquired, and our legal staff works closely with appropriate parties to assure that we are and remain 100% compliant.

Hope this helps. Thanks Larwee for doing your additional research. Please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Thanks

Adam

9. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet Affiliate affiliate

Thanks for responding Adam and for understanding and setting the record straight.

We have had out and out spyware and other type of unethical networks try to get free exposure here. I consider myself an affiliate advocate and try to promote ethical advertising in our space. But I don't get paid to OR have the time to be a detective, so all I can do is raise issues when there are suspicions and try to get affiliates to do their own due diligence.

Since you came back to respond that tells us a lot about your character and the ethics of your company. Thanks for clearing things up.

10. adamc

Thanks Lynda. I applaud your efforts in maintaining the integrity of the forum and encouraging more research from affiliates, and am glad I was able to set the record straight. I look forward to gaining more insight from the forum as well as sharing a bit here and there along the way.

Adam

banners