The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Hello everyone! I'm from Holland & a newbie.

Welcome to the forum. I dunno if it's just me, but I'm not sure if any site advertising "how to make money" in itself is the best way to sell knowledge and acquire it. A friend of mine, www.shoemoney.com is a proven high earner with adsense, his blog gets visited and people learn a lot from it. It's on-hand training. I'm sorry if I come off badly now, but truthfully:

I'm sick and tired of new members self promoting. This forum should be about real knowledge passed on. I don't want anyone's e-book, I want advice from those who have conquered the obstacles that I encounter right now.

Other mods, members, feel free to comment. I believe it's time for some positive changes around here :) :cool:

Mike Said:
I'm sick and tired of new members self promoting. This forum should be about real knowledge passed on. I don't want anyone's e-book, I want advice from those who have conquered the obstacles that I encounter right now.
Thanks Mike I agree with you, the self promo in the intro forum has gotten carried away. I was VERY lenient in the beginning to just get memebers and have gradually been tightening up as the forum grows. My hope in the intro section was that people would do a real intro, ask questions and if they said "by the way here's my site if you want to learn more about X" then I would let it ride. But it's turned into self promo city.

I basically have invited that by saying a little self promo is OK in the description of this thread. I modeled that after the WebProWorld forums where I am a mod. They say in the intro forum it's ok to be self promotional - just so people can say this is who I am and what I do and here is my site for more info. Here it's a little different. Due to the nature of the forum too many people want to promote their biz op or ebooks and just spam, not participate.

This is OUR forum - not mine, so I want the mods and members to help shape the direction.
Lets discuss on our call plus I'll get the private mod forum up for us to discuss stuff like this.

Thanks again!

I agree, and it will be a team effort to do this. I love teamwork. And looking at Teli, Mr. Affiliate Classroom (sorry, I think his name was Amik but am not sure :) ) and you ... this is going to be good! No doubt on my mind whatsoever.

I'm not promototing :-(

Hi MikeDammann&Linda Buquet and others,

I'm sorry for making you guys think I'm just promoting, but I'm not actualy...

It's just like Linda said herself:
My hope in the intro section was that people would do a real intro, ask questions and if they said "by the way here's my site if you want to learn more about X" then I would let it ride.
Ok, maye I should've also mentioned that I'm 29, living together with my girlfriend etc. But I just thought, let's just keep it short and IF anyone's interested they could take a look at my site/blog and maybe give me some tips or tricks to make it even better, that's all there is actualy and ofcourse IF people would purchase anything from there......that would be nice ;-)

But in the first place, my first blog is for people who are interested in AutoSurfing or other money making oppertunities and there's quit some info to be found on my site/blog on that subject, written by myself, with a little help from others ofcourse ;-)

Anywayz, quit funny that you guys are discussing this on my introduction thread...lol, but no problem, I understand, no harm done :D

And Dammann:
I'm sorry if I come off badly now
No, you don't :p

Still...I realy hope to hear, get, find some usefull tips, 'cause I realy would like to make ''a living' from the internet and a good sit/blog is very important i guess, so....

Greetz,

Robert

Wow Robert,

Glad you took that OK. How rude of us. I just realized we started talking about the forum and how it should run and I didn't even welcome you. I thought you were another pump and run link dropper. So sorry! :eek:

WHERES THAT BONK SELF ON HEAD Smilie???

So sorry - I am typically very warm and welcoming. You know you have been preceded by several people in a row that were posting pure spam with no intention of ever becoming real members here so I think Mike was reacting to that. Seriously hope you can accept our apologies and I'm glad you were so good natured about it.

MI
Back