The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello and Website Baker Questions!

AboutStar

affiliate
This is my first post so 'hello'!

I've been reading articles on this site for a while now and am really impressed with the knowledge available, and everyone seems really friendly, so well done!

I not currently an affiliate marketer but hope to be soon. The main obstacle is my lack of programming skills, and I'm dubious about employing someone to build a site for me until I know this definitely something that interests me, and more importantly, something I can make money out of!

My plan is to start small, with a website that a built myself to keep costs to a minimum. To do this I plan to use Website Baker. Before I start though, I would be interested to other people’s views on this. As a novice, but with good computer know how, would I be able to build few pages using this software?

The Website Baker website also states that PHP (4.1 or higher) and MySQL (3.2.3 or higher). Do I have to pay for these, or can they be downloaded from the net?

Thanks in advance for reading this, I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in time, but now - Goodbye!

HI

You've no doubt found that nobody has answered your question about Website Baker. I had exactly the same problem when I started using Microsoft Frontpage. And every time I asked questions at forums, no-one answered because no-one was using it. Worse still, later on I found that when uploading Frontpage sites, it required all sorts of extra things necessary for uploading. Consequently I ditched Frontpage and went for Dreamweaver.

Although very expensive, it was well worth it. I ended up getting video tutorials (Janine Warner - advanced training tutorials). Yes it was expensive but these particular tutorial take you right from the beginning (for newbies) thru to css and other advanced work. You also get really good tips and examples on website design. Since then I never looked back. I've also noticed that most times, when I come across online video tips & tutorials, Dreamweaver is invariably used in the illustration process. And, by the way, absolutely no programming skills are needed.

There are free downloads available for other html editors. There's one at Nvu Downloads - I believe this one is really good but apparently it has problems when it comes to adding Adsense codes into it - really mucks up the codes.

Another free download, together with free video tutorials is at Build Your Own Website With My Free Website Builder Now - 100% FREE Download! - you can try that one.

Again, I've never regretted getting Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver has set the industry standard. You WILL have to go through learning curves, but you know what they say - "no pain, no gain".

When you can, I would also recommend that you get Photoshop plus video tutorials. Invariably you will need to work with graphics. Photoshop has also set the industry standard when it comes to graphics.

By the way, don't ever employ someone to do it for you as you will be tied to them forever - every time you want to make additions or changes to your website, you're going to have to go back to them time & time again and it will cost you heaps. Better invest in a good html editor & some video tutorials.

Hope this helps
Regards
Genny

MI
Back