The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Have Influencers seen their last day?

XavierT.

affiliate
I have two millennial nephews who spend a considerable amount of time on several social media platforms. They have their "heroes" whom they follow and make no excuse on how much they look forward to hearing from them and their weekly FB or Youtube live vlogs.

But with all that's been happening lately these past few years, whether through bot scandals or influencers faking engagement, to the infamous Fyre Festival, where it was all a huge fraud...I'm just concerned that my nephews will fall victims to one of these low-integrity individuals.

Apparently, efforts are now being made to focus more on community engagement and a purpose aligned with the brand. Has anyone heard where all this will lead? :eek:

I have two millennial nephews who spend a considerable amount of time on several social media platforms. They have their "heroes" whom they follow and make no excuse on how much they look forward to hearing from them and their weekly FB or Youtube live vlogs.

But with all that's been happening lately these past few years, whether through bot scandals or influencers faking engagement, to the infamous Fyre Festival, where it was all a huge fraud...I'm just concerned that my nephews will fall victims to one of these low-integrity individuals.

Apparently, efforts are now being made to focus more on community engagement and a purpose aligned with the brand. Has anyone heard where all this will lead? :eek:
some influencers have put so much effort to get where they are and not all of them are useless. some of them are actually creative and have skills that needs to be appreciated.

Well introduce them to some good influencers . Like Sara said there are some good influencers who are really providing valuable content for years .

There are quite a numbeer of influencers on social media and it is no lie that there are a lot of people that are paying close attention to them. If you want to be an influencer then you need to get peoples attention. You will notice that this influencers target particular people. You can try that too.

They are here and not going anywhere. Are there fake people out there? For sure... however influencers are a big growth area and more and more companies are allocating dollars there.

Where the biggest change is, companies are starting to measure engagement instead of blindly throwing money there.
They are also setting more controls around this and doing better research on those influencers.

yes, actually it is a big problem with social media nowadays. you just need to protect your nephew from any attacks, installing some useful software.

Influencers are coming under more scrutiny now and maybe met with more skepticism --but overall it's still working --unless the influencer has been called out ;)

I disagree with that. I still think that youtube content is becoming better and better and the competition there is growing high, so, the channels, at least that I follow, are becoming better and the quality of content improves day by day.

I disagree with that. I still think that youtube content is becoming better and better and the competition there is growing high, so, the channels, at least that I follow, are becoming better and the quality of content improves day by day.
Yes and no. The cancel culture plays a huge role these days. Depending on the niche of course, but speaking for the main influencers channel, they end up in some drama quite often. I don't even remember how many times I've seen Shane Dawson, Jeffree Star or James Charles, etc trending on Twitter because of "X_nameIsOverParty". Some lost millions of subscribers and certainly are the main focus for those "drama" channels (those folks (the drama channels) seems like the saddest people in the world - your main topic is just drama and "tea", I have no clue why people subscribe to that kind of content anyway, sounds insanely depressing and toxic)

banners
Back