The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

HasOffers to Cake Marketing

Top Broski

Banned
I'm really curious as to why I've seen a lot of CPA networks move on from HasOffers into Cake Marketing.

I've heard a lot of coders claim that one platform shouldn't necessarily "track" better than others, as it's one of the easiest things to code.

However, I'm still curious as to why a lot of networks have made the transition over to Cake over the past year.

Probably due to responsiveness, and ease of use in the backend for the admin staff and AMs.

However alot of publishers do not like the user interface with Cake. Plus Cake doesn't have a lot of features hasOffers does, and has a few inherent flaws I personally do not like.

1.) Your Cake System is all located on 1 Dedicated Server , so you sign up, you receive your own Dedi box, with cake on it.
Now this may seem awesome at first, however if anything were to happen to that 1 dedi box, you are dead in the water across the board, login System, Display (Platform) system, and Tracking.

1a.) hasOffers is spread out and split up into multiple cloud servers. So if the login system/display system is slow and laggy, the tracking system is not affected, and even if you can not log in during a particular time, you can rest soundly knowing your clicks, leads,...etc is all being tracked.

2.) hasOffers doesn't overload you with popup window after popup window like cake does. On the flip side though, at times hasOffers can be slow to navigate, and you have to have multiple browser tabs opened to quickly grab all your links and such. So it's a tie here.

3.) hasOffers I personally like because I can easily contact lucas or the tech team and have new features added usually at no cost, in a short period of time. Cake on the other hand charges you per hour for development, and sometimes will flat out refuse your request.

4.) Overall Cost Vs. Features / Functionality - hasOffers wins this fight for me hands down do to the price vs. features/support I receive with them. We've been on hasOffers damn near since they've opened their doors. It's had some rough times too, however in it's current state is a strong contender for the Super High Priced Linktrust/HitPath/DirectTrack alternatives. I've demo'd and researched every platform available, and always decided to stay with hasOffers because no other platform company can offer the service that hasOffers does.

The problem hasOffers has is a bad reputation, due to several fly-by-night Scam networks getting started on their platform due to the very affordable price. The issue is hasOffers makes it easy for anyone, regardless of budget to start a CPA Network. This is the biggest reason publishers do not like hasOffer Networks.

We've done our best and continue to stand out as a example, with how a hasOffers network is meant to be ran. No BS, no Scamming, just straight doing legitimate business, and doing it well.

The problem hasOffers has is a bad reputation, due to several fly-by-night Scam networks getting started on their platform due to the very affordable price. The issue is hasOffers makes it easy for anyone, regardless of budget to start a CPA Network. This is the biggest reason publishers do not like hasOffer Networks.

We've done our best and continue to stand out as a example, with how a hasOffers network is meant to be ran. No BS, no Scamming, just straight doing legitimate business, and doing it well.

That's great to see that they offer great support to the networks, as an affiliate, I have no clue to what really goes behind the scenes.

And like you said with the fly by night networks, I'm very hesitant when there's a new network and they're running HasOffers. I know they're a business that wants to make money but I really think they need to drop their trial and probably implement some sort of background check feature.

Agreed, this would help them clean up their rep alot, and start rebuilding faith in their brand name

Agreed, this would help them clean up their rep alot, and start rebuilding faith in their brand name

I completely agree with you. Hasoffers is great, they have more features than some of the other network platforms at the budgeted rate. But the doorsill is too low (free trial, $99/month etc), what person can be a network owner, lol.

I completely agree with you. Hasoffers is great, they have more features than some of the other network platforms at the budgeted rate. But the doorsill is too low (free trial, $99/month etc), what person can be a network owner, lol.

That's what I'm saying. My neighbor could become a network owner for all I know.

It's the same with us. We've been in business, using HasOffers, for almost 2 years and you won't find a more honest network that makes sure every single credited lead is paid for every month. Our customer service is second to none as well.

As I've said many, many times, you can have a scam network on any platform. It's the owners that determine that not the platform.

If HasOffers didn't have such affordable rates I wouldn't have been able to open my network. It's great that good people aren't prohibited from having a business because the costs are so high. And I'm definitely somebody's neighbor. ;) As long as owners of networks are honest and trust-worthy it doesn't matter who they are or where they come from or what platform they use.

I was pretty surprised to see a thread like this. I actually noticed a lot of networks moving from Cake to HasOffers this year (and they're not beginners at all).

Some of the main reasons we don't plan to change HasOffers are:
1. Reliable tracking
2. Awesome proxy detection (they actually pay a loooot of money for this, so we don't have to)
3. Great support

Yes, there are Scam networks (and a lot of them on HasOffers as well) but they're also pretty easy to spot, so that shouldn't be an issue for anyone. I mean, come on, few days ago I had to review an application that used the main page of EmpyreMedia, but with a changed banner and most of the links on the page were still redirecting to the original site... Whatever tracking platform those guys are using, it's hard not to notice them.

this is a very awesome thread, most networks i assume move to cake marketing in order to gain trust from new publishers even though hasoffers has a better tech support and easy to get setup. The problem hasoffers has is still the trial and $99 plan which lets any fly-by-night network scam as you call it setup a network for 1 month and close down on the 30th of that month stealing publisher's money!

Probably due to responsiveness, and ease of use in the backend for the admin staff and AMs.
1.) Your Cake System is all located on 1 Dedicated Server , so you sign up, you receive your own Dedi box, with cake on it.
Now this may seem awesome at first, however if anything were to happen to that 1 dedi box, you are dead in the water across the board, login System, Display (Platform) system, and Tracking.

This is incorrect. You have two parallel instances and the system has 4 data centers across two continents. CAKE's SLA is 99.9% uptime.

banners
Back