The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Has anybody tried this niche?

klwalker

affiliate
Health products. Products that improve your health and well-being. It seems like there is a real big market for this.

The trend in this country is toward being healthier. People will pay money for products that improve their health.

I have researched this niche and have found that this niche will get REAL BIG in the future.

What do you all think about this? Do you think it is a good niche?

health and nutrition niche

Kyle,

I have tried the vitamin, health and weight loss niche's in paid search without too much success. the competition is fierce and companies in this niches seem to come and go rather quickly. I think if you break it down to a smaller sub-group within the health and wellness vertical you may be able to have more success. Good luck.

Hi there,

Yes I think health is a great area to work on. However health isn't a niche at all it's a huge market and very competitive. So you need to come up with a sub-niche, or a few related sub-niches.

Do your KW research to find something that has some demand but is not too competitive. Dieting, cancer, arthritis and the major ones are already hammered hard by other pro marketers.

Also when you find a sub niche be sure there are products that people with that health problem would be interested in. I found one disease that a family member has so I know about. Researched and found it has LOTS of searches and hardly any competing pages. So that's a GREAT niche - EXCEPT for the fact that there really aren't any products or health supplements for this particular disease. And I know enough about it, that I would not want to recommend some supplement that could make it worse or even just give someone false hope.

Also, side note: be very careful you don't make any health claims or even hint that gogomiracledrink will help cure whatever health problem. FDA is really cracking down on health claims.

(Scott and I posted at the same time. Like minds think alike)

Huge market especially if you look at sub niches like supplements, vitamins, acne, weight loss, impotence
Problem is very competitive so be ready for some real elbow grease

Also to someone else's point, read the about us on each Merchant's website to see if they are a new company or a long standing one. Companies come and go in that particular market. Changing links is a long and tedious task and by finding Merchants who aren't going anywhere, you will have a better chance at not having to change out all of your links every few months or each year.

long tail niche is the way to go..

I agree with all the answers and Linda really nail it and provide valueable tips on penetrating these huge lucrative yet competitive niche.

Yes, i think it will work if niche is chosen based on specific illness... though building a solid list of testimonials would definitely help out.

Apart from that if there is any endorsement from medical expert will be even better...

Eg. of long tail niche is "dieting for working mother" rather than just "dieting" niche.

Regards,
Kian

It it is a very tough market but like Linda explains above by breaking it down into a much smaller piece it becomes much more realistic.

Im new also.

Im also new in the Health and Nutrition business. I agree, theres tons of companies out there. The competition is unbelievable.

Greg

In this day and age health should be on the top of people minds but unfortunately it isnt. I think that you could better spend your time else where but what do i know lol.

Health products. [...] I have researched this niche and have found that this niche will get REAL BIG in the future.

I've heard that too, even that the Wellness Industry in general will be the next Big Wave. I created an umbrella site, which initially points mostly to 3 medical devices sub-niche sites, but I hope soon to refocus the umbrella to include other sub-niches.

One thing I like about the medical device products I promote is that they are marketed through a multi-level distributorship, which gives me another means to increase exposure while collaborating with others.

Well, I definitely think that is one of the major industries of affiliate marketing. You will most likely have quite a bit of competition. But if you are set on that, then go for it. Just be ready to adapt.

Pay attention to whats selling in restaurants and commercials. Maybe check out GNC websites and see what is hot. then focus on what you find. New things are always popping up. Its up to you to jump on a new product type as soon as it starts taking off.

Health Products are a Great Niche

Health products are a great niche. I would narrow the focus to a specific type of health product like for example yoga mats, or something very specific, and perhaps build on each product.

Health products is a wide niche, I would definitely narrow it down to a specific type of health product.

This way you can have less competition, and a running start.

Good luck,

Carmen

Instead of focusing on 'products' you may want to focus on a niche demographic or a health condition. Any of the common ones like cancer, arthritis and diabetes are going to be very competitive but try to find a niche.

Try to come up with a niche - certain types of people with a specific problem - where there are a variety of solutions you could sell them.

Hi,

Health products are good and they do make a lot of money. However, there is a lot of competition. This is a problem if you want to market your product online. It will be fairly difficult to reach the top of Google and even the first page may be a challenge. If you to personal sales; you will have to truly believe in the product. If you don?t fully believe in a health care product, you won?t make many sales and will waste your time. I hope this helped you a little bit.

This is an ultra competitive market. To succeed in this niche, you need to really zoom in to find further niches.

Simply targeting a health condition might not be good enough.

You need to define the age group as well.

This is because different age group with certain disease may need different solution.

This will give you an edge over most competitors because you are targeting specific age group with specific health problem.

In short, the more personalized you get, the more chance of converting your buyers when they are facing left, right and center with all kinds of health solution.

Health is not a niche like Linda says. Its a huge industry.

If you want to make money in the health industry you have to break it down. The authority on health online is WebMd which is also a great place to do niche research if you want to make it in the health industry.

Here's a great place to start with your digging.

WebMD Site Map

Jay

Linda makes a great point here.. The more competitive an overall market is, the more you have to segment into more defined niches. I think in time many directories will have to start add additional sub-groups to keep up.

MI
Back