The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Half life 2 November 16th

crowebird

affiliate
Half life 2 is set for release November 16th.
Steam users will be able to play the game the moment it is released.

http://www.steampowered.com/

With steam you can buy the game package and half life 2 will be pre loaded onto your computer and locked. On november 16th if you have the game preloaded you will be able to play it immediatly.

Great news and finally :!:

Stupid statement, but I sure hope the game is worth it :?

It already looks like it will be worth it,
it has already gone gold....
I have gotten the package, and cs remade with the hl2 code looks awesome, the graphics are sweet.

I guess the reason for my doubts are the sdk is supposed to be released prior to the game shipping. Games gone gold and no sdk, seems a bit weird, unless it's been released and I don't know about it.

It also means that the game will be released and it will be till the new year before any decent new mods/maps are released.

I havent seen a sdk but im sure they may be one out there. About the mods and maps, I would think the moment it is released people will be making mods and maps, so they would probably be out alot sooner than the new year.

This game better be good, we have waited a whole extra year.
What sucks is tfc 2 wont be released until 05 and Im a big tfc fan...

For the life of me I can't think of what tfc means.

I think HL 2 will be good but have my own beliefs as to why the game took so long. I don't think the game was ever finished nor do I think any of the video footage was fully playable ingame. I actually think the source code was leaked accidentally on purpose and took the pressure off of getting the game out.

I may be talking out my rear but Stalker did the same thing and the game still hasn't gone gold.

Also, no matter what HL 2 is like, it will still likely outsell any game in PC game release history.

tfc = team fortress classic

hl2 is going to be game of the year, half life was one of the best games I played and it was released a while back. I have had my own supsisions about why hl2 was delayed and I do think it was a way to buy more time, but hopfully the wait will be worth it. 20 days and counting...

It'll be interesting, thats for sure.

I actually can't wait for OFP 2. I think the first one ruled and if this one has the same gameplay, new maps, missions and improved graphics then it'll be the combat game to beat upon release just as before.

I'd also love to see a game with a working, non-scripted, deformable terrain model. Still might have to wait a few years to see that yet.

yea sdk is out, I played around with hammer before but never got it... I want to build maps, but it looks like a got a bit of tutorial reading/help guide reading to do first, lol

PLay it yet duke? Game is awesome, graphics rock. So far I have enjoyed the game, just got to a part where you can get ant lions [some alien creature, that normally would attack you] to attack your enemys by using a bugbate on it.

cheers,

I'm playing it but I must admit to some dissappointment.

The game hasn't sucked me in as deep as Doom 3 managed to do. I agree that the engine renders the environments really well though. I actually bought the game because I can't wait to see if the mod community comes together and makes it a killer online experience.

Also, EOD said a few years ago that they would change the mod over to this engine (from BF 1942) because of it's user friendliness, power and scaleability.

Half Life 2's multiplayer is counter strike source....
Anyway, the story line is different than i expected as far as i got so far. I have to say, the music they chose in some areas was very well, it brings on some suspence. I read some places that the story line intended was changed to due to the source code being stolen. Not sure though, Gamespot or one of them sites said that it wasent the best story line which was probably the biggest dissapointment. Other than that the gameplay is still enjoyable, gets better the farther you get into the game.

I agree, some of the music is the best I've heard yet in any game, some of the gameplay is good, but some other areas are a bit uninspiring and very linear.

When are games going to embrace leaning side to side and hugging up against walls, peeking around a corner and shooting? Also, the destructability on the game was much lower than I anticipated.

Overall it's a really good game but still pales in comparison to Doom 3 IMHO.

MI
Back