The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Seeking Help Guidance for purchasing new domain

Kartik_G

affiliate
Hello all,

While looking for a domain to purchase, I found a good match; however, it was purchased earlier by someone else.

DA - 5
No spam score
and has some backlinks...

As I am concerned about SEO, how can I check if the domain was penalized by Google or not?

Also, what are the other things that I need to consider checking out first?

(P.S. it would be nice if you give some tips @Honeybadger)

Last edited:
Hello all,

While looking for a domain to purchase, I found a good match; however, it was purchased earlier by someone else.

DA - 5
No spam score
and has some backlinks...

As I am concerned about SEO, how can I check if the domain was penalized by Google or not?

Also, what are the other things that I need to consider checking out first?

(P.S. it would be nice if you give some tips @Honeybadger)
tips about what?
im buying a new door
what should I buy?

Personally, I would only buy used domains from re-sellers who do all the backgrounds for me, buying them at auction ect can be a minefield.

Have you checked the domain with whois and waybackmachine to see what it's been used for?

Also when buying domains I wouldn't take any notice of DA or PA or any other metric that gets assigned, they can all be manipulated. I would only be concerned about traffic volume and whether it's organic or paid.
Plus with all the TDLs available there must be a match that suits a new domain. I don't think a TDL makes any difference to SEO unless you want the visitor to actually remember the url and type it into the address bar when they want your site. Dot coms are easier to remember.
If you buy a new domain with TDL register it for 10 years and consistently publish good quality content your SEO should be fine.

Can you search the name with mobile voice search --without getting spaces between words? Is the name semantically correct?

Then it is worth some serious money.

If it is a EMD (exact match domain) of a popular keyword it may be valuable.

I would not plan on the past performance of a domain that has been developed retaining its authority ranking --when the content is changed. You may or may not get a flash-in-the-pan-boost.

I don't think a TDL TLD makes any difference to SEO unless you want the visitor to actually remember the url and type it into the address bar when they want your site. Dot coms are easier to remember.
More an issue of habit and custom. However, with auto complete from browser history --return visitors may be less of a problem with TLDs today.

tips about what?
im buying a new door
what should I buy?
No,

That I'm buying a new door, but what should I do to avoid buying a door which is swollen/rotten inside.

I specifically tagged you coz i find you more concerned about SEO, while IMHO @Graybeard 's ideology would that "he works for himself, not for google" (both are correct btw)

No,

That I'm buying a new door, but what should I do to avoid buying a door which is swollen/rotten inside.

I specifically tagged you coz i find you more concerned about SEO, while IMHO @Graybeard 's ideology would that "he works for himself, not for google" (both are correct btw)
you cannot try before you buy
after purchase your website address

check manual action report --> Manual Actions report - Search Console Help + fix issues

check security issues report --> Security Issues report - Search Console Help + fix issues

pls provide further details
  • where is your traffic coming from?
  • which is your target country?
  • who are your targeted users?
  • will you serve mainly desktop or phone users?
include some keywords but dont go ott
keywords in name still work, ignore anyone says it doesnt
use the same address ending as your competitors
unless your website just serves one country
go whatever.com its just simpler
or go local.ca if one country like Canada
1 or 2 separation lines are fine
despite all the arguments against --> it is better for SEO
cos Google algo computes separate words faster
+ if your traffic comes only outta Google search
then who cares about separation lines
your traffic will be a desktop click or a phone/tablet tap not typed
best dont make such a long one
its ok for desktop but not smart phones

• where is your traffic coming from?
  • which is your target country?
  • who are your targeted users?
  • will you serve mainly desktop or phone users?
Frankly speaking, not getting into these things.
I know you would hardly disagree, but I am one of those beginners who wants to write about all the things and niches on the internet.

Will surely try to find untapped keywords but not sure about the niche yet.

Also, working on my 9to5, hardly get some time which I like to spend away from digital things and there are very less things to push me towards starting a side hustle. :(:rolleyes:

(P. S. Dont suspend me from forum for saying this) :rofl
despite all the arguments against --> it is better for SEO
cos Google algo computes separate words faster
+ if your traffic comes only outta Google search
then who cares about separation lines
Clapping something different from what i used to think... (still have a question, do such things impact spam score?) like numbers and dashes in domain?

Usually traffic comming from your own Social media's and also Google forums

Targetted countries are Richest Countries like America, European Countries,

Users are most probably business magnets, Purchasing companies, online shoppers

Both desktop or PC and Mobile

Lately I prefer brandable domains (ie: words that don't exist). Nobody in google shows up and all the socials are available.

Plus you can pivot later to something else.

Lately I prefer brandable domains (ie: words that don't exist)
That is all I can do now in .com domains
non-words 4 to 7 [a-z] with a vowel and pronounceable.
Hopefully, "memorable" so that they might brand.
What is a Twitter or an eBay? A branded domain name that is not search spam :D

MI
Back